News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here are some vouches/tickets that I picked up on a recent trip to Munich. I believe them to be a sort of ration ticket or gift voucher issued by the WHW to buy supplies with. Hopefully someone here maybe able to confirm or dispell this idea.

Cheers

Don

Rosenberg has very kindly provided me with a translation of the tickets:

This coupon can only be exchanged in the following goods, food, cloth and heating material. It has to be exchanged with these goods in equivalent value. Paying out any value differences is prohibited. Violation of that is a crime.

The Coupon can be used with any associated shop until 31 December 1939. Billing of the Coupons received is based on the rule on the backside...........

The reverse:

Name of Receiver: xxxx needs some time to decipher xxxxx

The recovery of the value exchanged with this Coupon will be processed latest by January 15th 1940 via every partner of the Reichsgroup "Banken"-most banks nationwide-

When returning more than 100 Coupons this has to be done in a bundle. The partner institutes will deliver the returned Coupons to the main divisons latest January 31st 1940. The final recovery through the Reichsbeauftragten WHW will be processed through the main divisions latest Febraury 15th 1940.

Now the right half where the Gra?l stamp is:

I hereby state to have received the following goods in exchange for this Coupon: Food, Cloth, Heating material.

So there you have it! Thanks Dan :beer:

Cheers

Don

Guest Rick Research

I've never seen these either. The named people got whatever food at the stores stamped on lower reverse, which then turned these in. They clearly state they had to be USED or they would be worthless after the time limit...

I wonder if these were given as rewards to the street corner can shakers and sellers of pins for their volunteer labor/time?

Rick,

I do not think that it is a kind of reward for those spending their time to work for the WHW in the streets.

The exact wording of the part where the recipient has to be named is giving a different lead.It doesn?t say name of the receiver-that is just for lack of the right word-but name of the one being taken care of/counseled.

I believe it is the most beautifullest social welfare cheque of the time :beer: