News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am not sure where I saw this photo, maybe on this forum, or ebay, can't recall right now but trying to track it down. Clearly WWI service, Admiral by WWII, perhaps on the U-boat staff?

Any help in the photo or identification of the Admiral would be appreciated. John

Guest Rick Research

I think that is Karlgeorg Schuster (1886-1973), sometime between when he made Konteradmiral (1 May 1935) and WW2 starting.

Not Admiral Karlgeorg Schuster , I have a few photos from the net, not the same man. He is the man on the far right, but in better photos, a much different face. John

Edited by John Robinson

Lets try this another way. Does this look like the same officer? Looks the same to me. Maybe the first photo in 1933 due to the breast insignia, the second 1943. John

Edited by John Robinson

Guest Rick Research

Not the same ears. More importantly, Rasmus did not have the HHOX, which is what is being worn in the buttonhole.

The number of former Uboat skippers with the Hohenzollern House Order 3X who made any grade of Admiral BEFORE the Second World War is limited to

Ramien

Saalw?chter (a Truman Capote clone)

von Schrader

Warzecha

and

Wehr

none of whom this is, most definitely.

And Schuster...

The only photos I have seen of Schuster confirm the snow white hair BUT he always appears to have just come from a clown convention, so heavily made up or retouched his photos are.

The sole, the ONLY other possible HHOX/1918 Uboat/pre-war Admiral was

Hermann von Fischel (1887-1950) who made Konteradmiral 1 October 1935

but the sole image of whom I have ever seen is a grotesque oil painting used in the Bilblio Verlag biographical series--

in which Old Chrome Dome looks EXACTLY like Carl Reiner's Nazi super villain in "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid."

Schuster out of pancake makeup... or von Fischel.

The awards preclude anyone not on the list above.

Not the same ears.

Might be the photo. Hooded eyes the same. Ears a little different, but I checked the photos of all the KM admirals, none came close except for this one. Expression the same. Right ear as viewing different, but that is the main difference. The fellow on the left was a Rear Admiral, not sure the rank of the Admiral, I do not think you can tell by the cap visor. Only that he was an Admiral.

Look at the EK1 and sub badge arrangement , very similar.

John

Edited by John Robinson

Guest Rick Research

See what happens when youze posts while me is retyping?

The awards limit identification to only among those listed.

Guest Rick Research

No, that's just the knee length frock coat's use of everyday shoulder boards in place of the dress banjo epaulettes. He wasn't a recalled aD type. But you're right, Canaris was, which is why his portraits show the passants.

You have to be able to magically "see" the hemline off camera, :ninja: