News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Our local museum's 2nd class IC:

Hi all,

First off, I have to once again thank Tom Y. for generously donating a ribbon for our museum's 2nd class. Ever since it was bought back as a souvenir from WWI it's sat bare and lonely. No one there even realized it was missing a ribbon. Needless to say I think she looks much better now, all dressed up and everyone there the day I presented it fell in love with it.

[attachmentid=42914]

[attachmentid=42915]

[attachmentid=42916]

[attachmentid=42917]

There are no maker's marks that I could detect. But of course any additional information would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Hi all,

Any additional info you could provide on this would be deeply appreciated. Am trying to work up a report on the museum's militaria collection in the hope that if they see how valuable this stuff is, not only in historical terms, that they'll be willing to put more money into it's display and preservation. So far, all these years it's all just sat there gathering dust.

Any ideas on manufacturer on this one? How about rough idea of value?

Again would deeply appreciate any info, opinions, etc. on this or any of the items I've posted from the museum.

Mucho thanks! :cheers:

Dan

Dan

The maker will be difficult with the photo's provided.. a little on the blurry side..

The value? - appx. 40 euros.

Nice thing Tom did there. Good luck with your display.

Marshall

Hi Marshall,

Many appologies for the pics... I know... I "desperately" need to get an Epson scanner but for now my poor overworked digital camera is my only option. Plus I was kind of rushed when I did those shots but got the best ones I could under the circumstances.

But many thanks on the rough valuation. It's really what I needed for them as they'll never sell this stuff. But especially once I found out last night that their collections are not insured... I nearly fell off my chair! I really need to push on getting them values, even rough ones, so it will make them realize that they are sitting on top of a gold mine and if anything happens they'll get nothing and won't even be able to repair or replace anything that might be lost or damaged. Hence it will be a huge loss for our community... and we're not really big enough to take such losses lightly. But I pray that never happens. About the only things we have to worry about up here are tornadoes and fires. But that's bad enough.

But I figure all I can do is my best... I'll gather as much info on all this that I can... try to help them do better displays and then they have to run with it. It's a group decision so I'm only one small voice. But as I'd hoped, when I gave them that info last night, what little there was, and especially the values, they really sat up and took notice. So perhaps the winds will blow my way for long enough to get the job done.

And I couldn't do it without the fine members of this club. Contributions like Tom made as well as those like you just made, your time and knowledge are all very valuable and deeply appreciated! :beer: But that's what I feel we're here for... not just in the club but in this life. We help each other along because at times we simply can't do it alone.

Again many thanks! And of course I'll continue to keep everyone updated on how things progress. I did get some more pics of a few of the items so getting ready to post the new info and pics today (knock on wood) work and family permitting. :P

Have a great one! :cheers:

Dan