News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ravenklau zigaretten made by Haus Nueurburg

Hello all,

Don't see many of these around, but I was lucky enough to stumble upon an almost complete (1 missing) pack of Haus Neuerburg Ravenklau cigarrettes on my trip to Edmonton. I'm not sure if it classifies as militaria, but it certainly is a "civil" item with official stamping on it. The tobacco is extremely dry and the papers all do not glow under blacklight (same with box/packaging) so that would rule out later cigarrettes being added as time went by. The package is in quite good shape with most of the official government sticker attached, and all of the paper inside is complete, just like someone took one smoke and traded the pack as a souvenir for something else, leaving it almost mint. A partially used Rauchenkarte from Dusseldorf 1945 was included witht the pack of smokes. I was wondering what brands were popular with the soldiers and if these might have been traded on the Western front to Canadian or American soldiers? If anyone has any info on the maker of the cigarrettes that would be great also. I don't have scans of the inside as I didn't want to damage the box by overstretching it, but if you want pics maybe I can did out the digicamera later. Here is the packaging though.

THanks,

Pat

And the reverse of the package with barely visible Nazi eagle stamp in the white area of the official tobacco sticker. Any info on this item is welcomed, as I thought it was an extremely interesting piece of history. Also, how often do these come available, are they common or not-so-common?

Thanks again,

Pat :cheers:

My apologies on my spelling today, long drive yesterday and got in real late! It should read Haus Neuerburg, dyslexia or something with the e's and u's! Anyways, here is the partially used Raucherkarte with the late-war markings. Perhaps this city (Dusseldorf) was captured near these dates (can't recall off the top of my head) and these (the cigarrettes and the Ration card) were souvenirs traded to an Allied soldier. Any thoughts are great!

Cheers,

Pat

I thought Ravenklau was from harry Potter, along with Slytherin, Huffelpuff etc ???? ;-)

Ahhh Chris, at last you've now spotted the Nazi undertones which exist in those books............. :jumping:

Cheers

Don

• 2 months later...

Ahhh Chris, at last you've now spotted the Nazi undertones which exist in those books............. :jumping:

Cheers

Don

:lol::lol: Harry Potter the evil pagan magician strikes again!

Anyways, are these easy to come by these days or did I find a unique item? To me, only a non-smoker would have kept these as a souvenir as most cigarettes would have been smoked to the last, especially right at the end of the war. My guess is the German took one last cigarrette from the pack and traded it to an Allied troop for something, or a more morbid option is that was his last cigarrette before being killed. Either way I like them and they sure don't package cigarrettes like this anymore :P

Cheers,

Pat