News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

INow I need a phtocopy of the images Ralph posted. I have decided not to let this go. What I see is what I want to buy. It is as simple as that. If I saw the one I received I would not have bought it. Anybody want to buy a nice Saar medallion box? HA HA Robert

Ralph Are you serious? The medallion was 50 Euros and the FED EX delvery by car down my driveway to hand deliver it was 20 Euros. If you have interest you can send me a PM. I am still waiting for a reply from my e-mail to Weitze web-site. Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Mr. benten. Does that one have the pinched pin attaching style? I just thought I would give a status report on the medallion. I received an e-mail from the dealer who stated at first to just mail it back and he would send me another. Mind you, the one I saw was removed. I replied that I want to see what I am going to buy. To make a long story short I have mailed it back and he has agreed to pay all costs. Lets see what happens. I haved saved and photocopied his e-mail stating this. I will update again when it is completely resolved. Take care :jumping: Robert

Benten Thanks for showing the reverse. Have you ever considered transferring it to our database? It would make a nice addition. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be a viticulturist befor mechanization! :cool: Robert

Robert, these people are standing in this uneasy position since the 30-40ties; that?s a long time to keep smiling.

:lol:

It?s a good idea to transfer this tinnie to the data base, so if someone can move it to there ?

Cheers,

Benten

• 2 weeks later...

Gents I just thought I would give a quick update on my progress with the Saar medallion. As you may recall I was sent a different piece than the one depicted on the Weitze website. After a few e-mails I was informed that I could "simply" mail it back for a full refund which would include all shipping charges back and forth. I was told to "mail it back registered airmail". I did just that on July 5 now 16 days ago. And you guessed it right if you said that it hasn't arrived yet! So this is where I stand in this matter so far. I have a 70 Euro charge on my credit card to Mr. Weitze. I gave $10.45 US to the postmaster to send it back. All I have to show for all of this is a Postal receipt. Happy Collecting? Have a nice weekend. Robert :angry:

It's no real consolation Robert but it could well be still in the post. I have found that mail sent to the UK from the US takes a lot longer if it needs to be signed for than if not, in some cases it's taken a month (I'm talking airmail not surface). I imagine Europe would be the same.

So fingers crossed that it is just a postal delay.

Cheers

Don

Don, I have decided to give it one more week before I take it any furthur. I have not received my credit card bill for it yet but I plan on contesting the charge. I have sent Weitze an image of my registered air-mail receipt. As I see yet, with that receipt, he has to debit my card for the total amount. I am not responsible technically for this medallion because it was not the one I was shown to buy. I was simply mailing back his medallion not my medallion. My medallion was the one I saw on his website. If the package is lost he can have the $40 in insurance money. I simply wan my credit card debited for my charges. It is as simple as that. Here in the US we have the Better Business Bureau to help us. I will call them and find out what direction I should go next. What bothers me the most about this is now I am feeling a bit sour about collecting in general. I really shouldn't even have to be doing any of this if I would have received the right medallion or told that it was no longer available. Will post furhtur as more information becomes available. Robert

Porbably it is still in the post. Things have slowed again, recently.

Based on my years of experience with Herr Weitze & Co., I would relax. They are not out to screw anyone.

I currently have a piece in my posession I paid over $400 for, that turned out to be (partially) fake. Weitze's man apologized, said to send it back, and he immediately credited my account... I still haven't sent the piece back - there has been no time. In the meantime, I used the credit! This sort of thing has happened before (but rarely). Trust is absolute, both ways.

You might be imagining troubles where there are none? They are good people over there. The issues will be straightened out.

Unless you have already taken a threatining tone with them... over a $65 tinnie... that would rankle...

You know how Germans can react to threats... :cheeky:

Like Americans do, right?

Yes but Ralph the piece that you mention was one you saw in an image to buy or another? And yes, you are very fortunate to get credit to your account before mailing it back. And dollar amounts are relative. If you are a person of means 70 Euro is nothing. If you, on the other hand, are of more proletariat means, it is a different story. I have only asked if it was received yet and sent an image of my postal receipt. Nothing more. In actuality, the medallion was not even mine since again, it wasn't the one I saw offered for sale. You can't do business that way. I am going to wait. For awhile anyway. Will keep posted. Robert

All is well that ends well. I have just received an e-mail stating that the medallion was received and I have been issued credit for full amount plus postage both ways. Modeartor can delete this entire episode if he wants. Thanks to all for the imput. Robert :cool:

Excellent news Robert! I shall leave this post intact if you don't mind as it may help others who end up in a similar situation.

I hope that this hasn't put you off the hobby & I look forward to seeing more items that you pick up :beer:

Cheers

Don