News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

[attachmentid=43775]

Gents I would like you guys to take a look at this and tell me what you think. I will show the little box first and the tinnie last. Here we go. I have not seen one of these before. First the top portion of the box.

I agree with Rosenberg. I've seen the coin with this box before but unfortunatly, as I'm not into this sort of thing never kept the image. The tinnie is a nice one as well, I have also seen a cased non portable version of this.

Cheers

Don

perhaps I should move the image to another section about nonportable awards. Maybe John Bart or Warlord would know whatgoes inside the box. For now the badge will go with my tinnies and the box will be empty awaiting the chance to be occupied by the right piece. Thank you gents. Also, Mr. Rosenberg, is that an authentic Fire Brigade badge I see above your name? Have a good day all. Robert

:cool: That is a First-Class right? I have the classic M/9 Kolwitz faker buried deep in a seldom opened drawer somewhere. Out of sight out of mind. The First-Class fire badges are extremely rare if I'm not mistaken.

:( I am afraid not! It is a simple 2nd class. What you have in mind indeed is pretty rare and I haven?t had any chance at all to catch me one of those.I think it is the way the picture is cut so you don?t see the loop that had lead you the wrong way.

Regards

Edited by Rosenberg

[attachmentid=44539]

Well the medallion arrived very quickly. What concerns me is that I don't think it is the same one that was shown for sale on Weitz's site. Please take a look and tell me what you think. The one I received is not in the same condition as the one on the site. Thanks for your help. Robert

Indeed that was quick.

Unfortunately, this can be a common problem with dealers. They sometimes use stock images to list their items, or if they have several of the same, do not send out the pictured one.

You have 3 options as far as I can see.

1 Contact them & state that it was not the pictured one, ask if they have the one used in the picture & if so exchange it. If they don't have the original then you will need to decide whether to keep it or not.

2 You have a right to return it for any reason for about a week (check the site for the exact time), so if you aren't happy return it & wait for another to turn up somewhere (this will happen as these aren't particularly rare, the box is, the coin isn't)

3 If you are happy with it keep it.

It's a real pain when this happens, but I'm afraid that is one of the pitfalls at least with these larger dealers you do have a return policy.

Cheers

Don

Don Thanks for the advice. I have already sent an e-mail. IMO this borders on illegality as the image I saw is what I wanted to buy and not something else of lesser quality. Now I am sure he will say Oh, just mail it back. Who pays for that? This is not right. In our hobby condition is quality don't you think. Unless otherwise noted ie. you may not get the one pictured I don't even think this is legal and at the very least un-ethical. Will see what the results of my e-mail will be. Wish me luck and will post results. Thanks again for your reply. Robert

Indeed, it could well be in breach of the Trades Description Act here in the UK & it's equivalent under European law. Unless they have a clause anywhere (which I haven't seen), that states that the item supplied may not be the item pictured, they could end up in hot water. Stephen may know more (Gold Party Pin Guy).

They did a similar thing to me a while back with a Kleing?rtner badge. The one pictured was maker marked Frank & Reif, but the badge supplied was a Poellath. They replied that they didn't have a F&R in stock, so I returned it. But yes, I lost postage on it. Incidentally, the one still pictured on the site is the F&R, they never replaced the image (although they did put the price up!)

Good luck Robert (give 'em hell :angry: )

Cheers

Don

Robert,

sad story to hear :( Your item is not the one depicted and I couldn?t find a passus in their regulations saying that presented items may vary in condition etc. This story will end the way Don?s ended. Since it is not you just wishing to return the item at will,but rather your not accepting any deviance from what they offered I would argue with them about the postal fees. :shame:

Regards

Thanks guys for your support. To me it is a matter of simple deception. What I thought I was purchasing I did not receive. This is especially true with regard to a coin. The one pictured I would rate as very good to excellent. The one I received would be a few notches lower in grade. I know just what they are thinking. I suspect that they sent this over to the US (20 euro shipping by the way) feeling that I would just "settle" for this lesser example instead of paying to ship it back. I have sent an e-mail (a nice one) and will wait until the end of the business day on Monday for a reply. If I dont receive one, I will send another and wait an addtional 24 hours. If i still receive no reply I will then turn to paypal. Either way, I have decided that a) I will not pay shipping to return this and b) I will not pay for this. This is not what I agreed to purchase. Maybe the should just post drawings of these badges and ship out examples that they have. Although I have returned a few items I have acquired from shows, this is the first time I have ever returned an item purchased over the web from a dealer. I will keep you posted. Have a nice weekend. Robert

PS This practice is illegal here. Unlessstated otherwise the consumer purchases what is posted in the image. Otherwise it is theft by deception. A no-no. If Weitze wishes to send the FEDEX man back to my house I will gladly give it back to him but that is it.

I think they are the same badge. Look at the little flaw beside the "S" in "Deutsch."

Camera flash made the dealer's pic look that way.

In my opinion, I'd rather have the piece w/patina; not that shiny "new-looking" thing. matches your box better.

... than again, the flaw over "IM" is not consistent. Oh well, they've done this before... stock photo for several items available. Usually the description says "price each."

Edited by Ralph A