News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

B&NL Spanish Crosses

JamesM

B&NL Spanish Crosses......has there been any further consensus on these crosses? I know they had been discussed on another forum, where some were quick to condemn and others just weren?t sure? Has there been any evidence one way or another on these pieces? There seemed to be differences, if I recall correctly, in the makers mark and quality of some of the B&NL crosses that were owned and discussed by the collectors on that forum.

Cheers,

James

Hi,

B&NL .... I had a gold cross MM B&NL, but after few years I discovered it was a fake. here it is pictured. I never had a good one in hand. This is reason why I'm suspicious without definitivly condemning this maker.

jacques

For me this cross is of the same fake serie as the gold I posted.

the eagles and swords grips present the same form and details.

the pebbling is rough

the center disk has not the same silver wash as the other parts of the cross, which is not good.

jacques

Jacques,

Thank you for posting the photos!

Are the pieces that you have, or observed, quite vaulted? They are quite well done and should be a cause for concern for those not familiar with them.

Did the dealer say who makes these?

Cheers,

James

I remember mine was well vaulted and was very convincing until I found other pics with other makers. the dealer just told me it was a fake in his opinion.

I didn't see pics or handed B&NL cross which be unsuspiscious. this is my opinion, and I'm ready to change my mind, but not with the crosses presented here.

jacques

Jaques I also thought the grips looked bad, the eagles did not concern me too much. After the other crosses you posted I have no doubt as to these being fakes. Thanks for the lesson!

is there anyoriginal B&NL catalog that lists them as offering a Spanish cross?