News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I picked up this rather "salty" Crown Order this weekend at a local show.

PCO1.jpg

PCO2.jpg

I couldn't muster a legible photo of the maker's mark, but it's stamped ZEHN. Being a neophyte medal collector, I've got a couple of questions...

...what would you expect the "fair market value" of this medal in this condition to be?

...what was the underlying metal that the gilding was applied to on this decoration?

Thanks,

--Chris

Most early war and pre-war pieces will be found in bronze gilt. Higher grades of most orders can be found in gold. The gold pieces are hollow and feel light as a feather! Gold pieces will rarely be hallmarked...

Most early war and pre-war pieces will be found in bronze gilt. Higher grades of most orders can be found in gold. The gold pieces are hollow and feel light as a feather! Gold pieces will rarely be hallmarked...

Cool... How much do these guys go for typically? (I know I got a deal, I'm just wondering how good of a deal.)

Thanks,

--Chris

Unfortunately, this is one of those pieces that doesn't command a lot of collector attention. In fact, other than the gold 3.kl, or the versions with swords, the PKO (Preussan Kr?nen Orden) is neglected by many......... Think $100-150 in this condition, if you can find a buyer. There's so much that we all search hard for but civil orders/decorations rarely gather much collector attention.

Unfortunately, this is one of those pieces that doesn't command a lot of collector attention. In fact, other than the gold 3.kl, or the versions with swords, the PKO (Preussan Kr?nen Orden) is neglected by many......... Think $100-150 in this condition, if you can find a buyer. There's so much that we all search hard for but civil orders/decorations rarely gather much collector attention.

Being someone who can almost never bring themselves to sell anything, finding a buyer won't really be an issue. I've inherited my grandfather's infamous packrat genes. I picked it up for $50. I knew it was a deal, but I didn't know how much of a deal it was.

Thanks,

Chris

Being someone who can almost never bring themselves to sell anything, finding a buyer won't really be an issue.  I've inherited my grandfather's infamous packrat genes.  I picked it up for $50.  I knew it was a deal, but I didn't know how much of a deal it was.

Thanks,

Chris

50 $ was a very good deal. Even for this damaged piece.

Gerd