News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is real?

It is one of the contemporary, but unissued, Sukhbaatar badges. Many of these seem to be unfinished or flawed, and come unnumbered. Ugly, unissued, but real.

But compared to a real SB, it is very sad indeed.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Yes, that one in particular IS real anyway, I'm the guy who took the pics which you probably downloaded from eBay.

As for the quality if compared with the older S-B, Ed's reply explains all the rest pretty well.

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

It is one of the contemporary, but unissued, Sukhbaatar badges. Many of these seem to be unfinished or flawed, and come unnumbered. Ugly, unissued, but real.

But compared to a real SB, it is very sad indeed.

The first one I saw sold on ebay for $800 if memory serves me. They have since dropped to $200 and can't sell.

USAirforce,

There are similar brass versions for the Polar Star, Military Valour, and also the Red Combat Banner I believe. I guess if you can find one with serial number or for a SERIOUS discount compared to a silver one, then maybe you should get one. Otherwise just leave them.

USAirforce,

There are similar brass versions for the Polar Star, Military Valour, and also the Red Combat Banner I believe.

Exactly. These new brass types exist since 2003/2004 for most Mongolian Orders.

Listed on Dr. Battushig's book, respectively (following Matt's list) as: A 32.4 + A 30.2 + A 24.2. It also exists for the Order of the Red Banner of Labor, listed as A 28.2.

The only one that is not listed on Dr. Battushig's book is this new Order of Sukhbaatar, but this new brass type also exists for this Order.

The first one I saw sold on ebay for $800 if memory serves me.

Yes, you're right Ron.

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Wow.. $800 is an awful lot for one of these late styles...

It was the 1st one of these showing up on eBay, and I'd bet the guy who bought it most probably didn't know it was this new brass type, as there was no mention of that on the description... :(

Dolf