News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Document for "La Cruz de Guerra"

Jacques

Hi,

Few of these crosses were awarded to german soldiers of the Legion Condor. Most of them were awarded the spanish cross in gold too.

the Spanish Documents are always richly illustrated.

jacques

Guest Rick Research

Spanish award documents are awesome. They are even nicer than the actual awards!!!

Here is another one. it's more decorated, the name is written with red capital letter, thus the medals' name. there is no stamp on this one, just the signature. More over, the date is different. Nevertheless, I think that all the crosses were awarded later in May 1939, and the documents sent to the family between 1939 and 1941.

jacques

Is there a particular eason why the date on the document is 1.939, did you ever see this particularity on other doc?

Do you think there is a possility of a Spanish doc made or filled in Germany?

Compulsing my files, it appear that these spanish documents ( all medals ) are dated : 30 sept 38; 1 dec 38; 4 mai 39; 5 dec 39; 7 mars 40.

These documents were sent by post by the "Reichsministerium" to the address of the recipients from their return (mai 1939, to 1943) according to the dates stamped on the accompagning letters.

I think that that some of these docs were made in Spain and then sent to LW Ministerium, but in my opinion, the main part were signed (facsimile) then sent to Germany to be completed with name and rank; compiled with the spanish cross document and sent to the family. May be some of our spanish collector could help us on this point.

jacques

Edited by jacques

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

Fine document ! I still not have it in my collection. Do you have the other documents of this guy ?. Which is particular interesting with your is that is was not awarded to a soldier but o an employee. Today I saw one , the same as your in a german collection. It is accompagnied with the spanish cross in bronze document for a cooker, noted "empleado" on the spanish document.

Edited by jacques

Guest Rick Research

Aside from the sheer luxurious BEAUTY of these documents, now that you serious 1936-39 guys are posting multiple examples, it is VERY interesting for a Mere Onlooker to see the variety of styles of naming:

"Werner Steiner" has his rank in Spanish and last name in the same script, but his first name is written in German script-- note the "e"s and "r"s. And the last example "Karl Schmidt" is entirely "German style" handwriting.

So:

mixed handwriting for Werner Steiner 30.IX.38

all German handwriting for Karl Schmidt 4.V.39

could be either way rather carelessly written Friedrich Paschlitz 4.V.39

and

beautiful two inks calligraphy for Friedrich Vittinghoff 5.XII.39

More, more!!!! jumping

"Do you have the other documents of this guy"

Hi jacques,

There is a little story regarding this guy's documents...

I obtained the 'Urkunde' from an auction, with it were his ID card and pass into the German Embassy (I think this is where he worked). For some idiotic reason the seller listed the documents seperately.. I placed a high bid on all three items but was sniped at the last second and only won the 'Urkunde'.. I even contacted the winners of the other two doc's... no luck. I have the two other doc's, on disc, somewhere.. I'll see if I can find them.

Not a "Cruz de Guerra" document but another illustration of the caligraphy.

I noticed that some of them have a number hand-written at the top right.

Edited by jacques

Well I finally found the disc that had the document for 'Paplitz'.. For some reason the Embassy pass was not on it...will have to keep looking for that one.

Not a very good pic' but it gives us enough information, if my translation in correct, to show that he worked as an interpreter on the general staff.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...

Another 'Legion Condor' doc....

Hello all,

I know that is an old thread but I am wondering if you could give an idea of the current prices for Spanish documents for "medalla de la campa?a", "Cruz de guerra", "Cruz blanca del merito" and how easy or hard could be find them ??

thanks in advance

Edited by Humberto Corado

Hello all,

I know that is an old thread but I am wondering if you could give an idea of the current prices for Spanish documents for "medalla de la campa?a", "Cruz de guerra", "Cruz blanca del merito" and how easy or hard could be find them ??

thanks in advance

I would say 100-150 for the "medalla de la campana" and "cruz blanca", 200 for the "cruz de guerra" which is more rare . It depends of the condition of the document and also the rank of the owner.

jacques

I would say 100-150 for the "medalla de la campana" and "cruz blanca", 200 for the "cruz de guerra" which is more rare . It depends of the condition of the document and also the rank of the owner.

jacques

thank you Jaques for your help!

there are more chance to get one of this from a Spanish soldier than a German? by chance do you know dealers were I can find them?

thanks

thank you Jaques for your help!

there are more chance to get one of this from a Spanish soldier than a German? by chance do you know dealers were I can find them?

thanks

I didn't see one for another nationality. Spanish name are rare too and the price will be the same I think. I didn't see one to sell apart by a dealer at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Here's another, you'll have to forgive the tiny size since I'm stuck with this puny 65k file limit. :banger: A close up of the text to Feldwebel Peter Muller. I think the person that filled in the one Francois has, did this one too.

I got this as part of a nice large group that includes his SC in gold doc, EK1 & 2, bomber clasp in all 3 grades and East medal.

Alan

The whole campaign doc. Jacques idea of the Spanish sending a batch of pre-dated forms to Germany sounds about right. The info I did find on Muller here was that he arrived in Spain in January 1939 with 1.K/88, so the 30.9.38 dated Cruz de Guerra was grabbed off the stack and filled in.

Alan