News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saw this........

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnsy,

Interesting point you made about the ASLAV'S hull design. That reminds me of Northern Ireland with The "Saracen". I've seen photo's of Saracens blown up by massive self-made cuvert bombs, all wheels and outer stored equipment gone but with the actual hull still intact.

I was actually referring to the Bushmaster, but the ASLAV is built along those lines too. The small picture shows the detonation of 19kg of TNT under the hull. On a field trip out to ADI Bendigo I alos saw the test hull that had been subjected to small arms , .50 Cal, 25mm and RPG fire. It was looking a bit worse for wear. See below, sorry not very good images.

Regards;

Johnsy

Images from ADI Ltd.

Edited by Tiger-pie

I knew I had some battle damage shots somewhere. This is B1 or B2, damaged in Afghanistan. Both B1 and B2 were badly damaged, but the crews survived. On being returned to Australia they were wriitten off, I believe that the hulls had been compromised. They were used for range training at Pukka.

Regards;

Johnsy

Edited by Tiger-pie

Another view. I think the Dutch were using this vehicle, you can see a Dutch flag on the front (at the right of the photo), and in the first image you can see "NL" halfway down the hull. We share a compound with them and obviously equipment too.

Edited by Tiger-pie

This USMC FPI Cougar had a rather short army career :speechless1:

It was totaly destroyed by an IED in Iraq. The engine block was ripped out of the vehicle and hurled 100 yards away by the blast The amazing thing is, the crew escaped with only minor injuries and no one was killed.

Edited by Taz

• 10 months later...

The U.S M1A1 and M1A2 SEP Abrams Tank is the best tank: :D This is a picture of me in 2003 Samarra, Iraq the push to the North after 3ID took Baghdad.

They made us run over I.E.Ds in Samarra city with our tanks, due to all the infentry guys getting wounded and killed by small explosives ones. This stopped when 3-67 lost their first tank by a large I.E.D. Killed every one inside and blew the turret off 120 feet.

Lorenzo

The U.S M1A1 and M1A2 SEP Abrams Tank is the best tank: :D This is a picture of me in 2003 Samarra, Iraq the push to the North after 3ID took Baghdad.

They made us run over I.E.Ds in Samarra city with our tanks, due to all the infentry guys getting wounded and killed by small explosives ones. This stopped when 3-67 lost their first tank by a large I.E.D. Killed every one inside and blew the turret off 120 feet.

Lorenzo

The Abrams is one of the best tanks, no tank is all things to all men. the Chally has greater range as regards gunnery, does not spend so much time in the workshop, has just as good armour, and does not cost as much as an Abrams, not many 'challies' were 'lost' in Iraq.

Pikestaff

The Abrams is one of the best tanks, no tank is all things to all men. the Chally has greater range as regards gunnery, does not spend so much time in the workshop, has just as good armour, and does not cost as much as an Abrams, not many 'challies' were 'lost' in Iraq.

Pikestaff

The angled hull now being used on modern apc's, the South African arny used that style on 'Jasper's' thjirty years ago!

Pikestaff

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

Nice pictures, but, please take care when posting any info that its not of a "sensitive" nature,

and that it can not be used to help the bad guys out there.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Thank you:

Lorenzo

The School Bus: :D

Hi Lorenzo,

So that answers the question regarding the black device on the front.

Not meaning to give away secrets but the black device is lowered when the bus is dropping kids off so they won't get out of the driver's sight while crossing in front of the bus! :D

Cheers :cheers:

Brian