News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rare Medal?

Jareth

Yep, this is rare.

According to James Peterson it may have been a personal award from Emperor Pu-Yi (see p. 157, 3rd edition).

He called it "National Foundation Commemorative Medal" and wrote that it was probably established on March 1, 1933

by Edict No. 11.

This medal has a plush case with velvet exterior (this is real rare!) and inscription on the inside lid

("National Foundation, Imperial Event Commemorative").

For the pictures of the box and interesting Rich comments see

http://www.imperialjapanmedalsandbadges.com/mannatfouncom.html

The medal from eBay is authentic - no doubt about it (there are at least two different types of low quality fakes in circulation)

But the closed price is unreal!

Another case of Winner's Curse!

Regards,

Nick

P.S. Nice helmet Jareth ;)

Headgear is my main area of interest especially navy/NLF items. As an artist I love Japanese medals but I have not yet jumped into those waters. Here's rest of helmet. Some call it "English" helmet, Siberian or Shanghai incident helmet. Only second example I'm aware of & mine is complete. I have three of the early vented top helmets if anyone is interested I'll post them

Headgear is my main area of interest especially navy/NLF items.

I know!!! ;)

Here's rest of helmet. Some call it "English" helmet, Siberian or Shanghai incident helmet.

Exellent specimen! Thanks for posting!

I have three of the early vented top helmets if anyone is interested I'll post them

I am! :)

Regards,

Nick