News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Josef Buchmüller a machine gunner, a flamethrower and a tanker

Here it says that Sturm-Panzer-Kraftwagen Abteilung 1 and 2 were created on January 23, 1917.

Buchmuller joined Sturm-Panzer-Kraftwagen Abteilung 1 on March 1st 1917. He must have belonged to the first group of German soldiers that joined the new Panzerwaffe

Edited by Naxos

Forum member mad zeppelin from Landships WW1 Forum was kind enough to identify the signature and shed some light on some other entries. Here is what he wrote:

Page 12-13; the person signing as CO of Abt. 1 is Leutnant Holtsträter; when the unit moved into the field in January 1918, CO position had changed to Saxon Oberleutnant Seifert, but Holtsträter was still around until January 29th, when he was transferred to Commander Motor Transport Troops 5th German Army (KdK 5).

Page 14-15; "vers. z. Kraft I Rekr.Dep. 2 f. St.P. 2" should read "versetzt zu Kraftfahr-Ersatzabteilung I Rekruten-Depot 2 für Stamm-Personal 2" - he was thus transferred as a trainer and not as a trainee.

Edited by Naxos

• 1 month later...

Its not entered in the book that Buchmüller spent 2 months at the Zoll somtime in his career.....

Chris is referring to the sad fact that Buchmueller’s Pass is lost in the mail.

On October 02, 2013 I sent Buchmueller’s Millitaerpass to Germany and it hasn’t arrived yet.

Edited by Naxos

Perhaps off subject, but since we're talking about Kraftfahrer and Tanks and Munich was mentioned. Here is the reverse of a photo card of mine. I've never been able to fully understand the abbreviations. The letters are "B.B.H.d.R.". Any ideas?

Edited by Chip

Chip, I found your Heinrich Schiebel

Kraftfahrer Heinrich Schiebel, born on Dec. 19. 1900 was recruited in June 1918 to the bayer. Kraftfahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 01 München.

There are no other entries.

Edited by Naxos

Hardy,

Thanks for looking that up. He sure does look like a kid in the photo. Yes, that abbreviation has been a mystery to me. Not only that, however, as I have not been able to find out anything about the unit mentioned either. The date on the card is only four months after his induction.

Chip