News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German Translation if some one can please

Hi Rob,

"Eine Englische Soldaten-

Lagermütze  ??? ???

???   ???.   Als

Kriegsgefangenen Lager-

andenken zum Weltkrieg

für die Sammlung

angeworben."

;) Best regards,

Jens

Hi Jens 

Thank you very much but I don't read German could you repeat it in English.Also would this style of  writing been in use during WW2 as this is supposed to be on a tag on a captured cap  from WW1?

Thanks Rob

Hi Rob,

... Thank you very much but I don't read German could you repeat it in English. ...

I try: 

"An English soldier 

camp cap ??? ???

??? ???. 

Prisoner of war camp 

souvenir in memory of the World War,

purchased for the collection."

... Also would this style of  writing been in use during WW2 as this is supposed to be on a tag on a captured cap  from WW1? ...​

... hmm - I think it also depends on the age of the writer. German Kurrent-Schrift and Sütterlin was used until the early fifties.

Best regards,

Jens

Is the card attached to something? I don't see anything on the card that indicates when it was written, but the wording seems to suggest actions contemporary to WWI. I have a similar piece of Austrian insignia, mounted on cardboard with ID in German. Supposedly, it was collected during the war by any Austrian doctor. But it's' just a story.