News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Patriotic War 2nd class to Colonel Alexander Stepanovich Zolin

Good evening gentlemen,

i got this OPW 2nd class Nr. 95477 today together with partial research. Unfortunately there was no award card included, but i will probably try to get it, as Comrade Zolin got a decent rack of awards for a staff officer. I?ll post the english translations, which were included. If anyone wishes to see the originals, just let me know.

Lets start with the piece itself. A wonderful and quite early Krasnokamsk Mint piece with a starback.

Obverse:

Interesting Gerd, he got a Combat Service medal in the war against Finnland 2/1940.

Is the number for the medal on the award card?

regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

no the award card was unfortunately not included. Maybe i will invest the Money to get it, as i am curious about the Finland award too.

Gerd

Gerd, my congratulations with a cool Patriotic War citation. Very nice condition for early 5-digit number award.

In my opinion you should order award card as well, and I can explain you why do I think so. If his GPW is out of the group, then there is a chance that his other awards also were for sale as a single items. If you know their numbers, then you can start to search for them. Chances to find something are pretty low, but if it was on the market during last 5 years it is traceable.