News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi everybody,

I found these two photos sunday morning. The first one is the Generalmajor Rudolf von Borries. He received the Pour le M?rite on August, the 4th 1917. He was at the head of the 13. Infanterie Division.

Christophe

It's interresting to note that von Borries received the Hohenzollern in 1915(23.12) and he didn't wear the crown on the ribbon. He has chosen to wear only the swords. Maybe it's a clue for all ribbon bar with Hohenzollern device with only swords and not swords with crown.

What are the awards on Generalmajor Rudolf von Borries ribbon bar?

I never see nice photos such as these for sale. I wouldn't mind having a few to mount on the walls of my collection room.

Hi Charles,

Before the war Oberst von Borries wore the following medals :

RAO3 with bow

RAO4 with crown

KO3

DA 25

Cm

BZ2b

BMV4 with crown

RSt2

Christophe

Christophe,

More than one peacetime RAO or KO can be worn on the ribbon bar at the same time? I always thought two RAOs or KOs could be worn only if one was with swords and one was without.

Guest Rick Research

Any grade Red Eagle with Crown--as a SECOND award of that class, could be worn even with higher grades. The Prussian regulations about the Red Eagle Order were extremely peculiar.

Von hake's odd medal bar may help identify one of his ribbon bars if one ever turns up.

The second photo show Hauptmann von Hake with his medal bar

presumably the then Hauptmann Hermann Maria Chlodwig Friedrich Freiherr v. Hake (16 March 1874) on the staff of v. Eichhorn's 10th Army. A later Reichsheer Oberstleutnant - 1.10.22.(3). The adjutant of the 31. Feldartillerie-Brigade in 1914.

Regards

Glenn