News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Deschler EK1

Thanks for that, there is a scary copy of this cross on this site " Third Reich. ca " i don,t know what

it,s like in hand, but i could see this fooling many collectors described as a "post war original it looks

pretty good. People like this are ruining this hobby new collectors getting caught with stuff like this

are put off and give up,What to do about this i don,t know apart from studying known originals and

keeping up to date with the latest fakes.

Regards

Mametz

• 4 months later...

The stamp is ok, I have one of each as well.

So with the L/10 stamp, the come in 2 sizes as well.

Something about Steve's Deschler struck me as odd, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Now, with a little help from a good German collecting-buddy I know what it is: the pin is different, it's the type of pin that was used on Deschler KVK's.

Best regards,

Ben

The stamp is ok, I have one of each as well.

So with the L/10 stamp, the come in 2 sizes as well.

Something about Steve's Deschler struck me as odd, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Now, with a little help from a good German collecting-buddy I know what it is: the pin is different, it's the type of pin that was used on Deschler KVK's.

Best regards,

Ben

So is this original to the cross? I hope it's not a replacement someone added. It never looked like it was.

So is this original to the cross? I hope it's not a replacement someone added. It never looked like it was.

I really don't know Steve, but I shouldn't worry to much about it.

Might be a mix-up at the factory.

Best regards,

Ben

These factories probably worked like any other business. Careless or hungover employees, stock shortages, use whatever is available that works, who knows. I'll have a better look when I get back home in a few weeks. Maybe this will be a rare oddity.

• 3 weeks later...