News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Turnerbund Tinnie Database

• Replies 140
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Post #9...

Here's my personal favorite

So that's where that went!!!! :love: I was looking for that; forgot I sent it to you. Just look at that patina....

Count yourself lucky - there are only two items I have EVER sold/given away in all my years of collecting, and that piece is one of them. :shame:

:cheers:

Edited by Ralph A

• 3 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...

Mike nice Turnerbund tinnies. They show that the Germans already had a tradition to promote gymnastics in the 20 ties and early 30 ties, so before the nazis came in 1933.

On the first tinnie a Germanic ( Teutonic ) warrior with raised sword. He has an helmet with eagle on it . This helmet is also depicted on pictures of the Prussian emperor Wilhelm 2 . Eagle helmet also on tinnie Reichsparteitag 1929.

Your first tinnie is a German tinnie made and there where the meeting was kept in Austria Wien in 1926!! The two other German meetings are also kept in Austria. The tinnie with the men I can’t read.

Thanks for posting your interesting tinnies.

Benten

• 2 weeks later...

Benten This tinnie I found in Manion's Volume 3. Besides describing its' design there are some added remarks. "General WHW contribution badge without a date implying it was issued on a non-serial year basis for contributions." Maybe the Tieste reference books (which I unfortunately do not have) would mention a date/dates. Either way it is not an often encountered badge. I am still looking for it. Perhaps Pete would know more or have the Tieste reference available. Thanks for showing.

Robert

Edited by BURGERHAUS

Robert,

I'm afraid that Tiestes books do not go into detail, they just list the bages (by town etc.), what it says on them, material, and sometimes construction i.e solid/hollow and colours (usually plastic variants) oh yes and a value.

The one you illustrate here is a sports event, not, I believe, anything to do with WHW, as it is listed in his tinnie books, which does not cover WHW items. He has a number of other other books that cover that subject.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...