News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

State Prize medal

The State prize is a simple but robust design made in solid gold...

Although it is less prestigious than the Lenin State prize, it has been issued approx 300 time each year since the 70ties for improvements in productivity..so still pretty hard to get in my books!

This one was awarded for increasing milk production due to the invention of a milking machine!!!!

Darn lucky to get the complete set of documents which also includes the entrance ticket to the award ceremony and a programme which covers 4 days.

Interesting to note that this medal and the award document numbers match...the number on the entrance ticket correspond to a paper number in the medal and document box.

A lot of people think that the award and medal do not have matching numbers...well this may not always be the case and for sure they have been meticulous in insuring that the awardees, medal and doc are tagged to ensure items match.

Chris

Unless I am mistaken, these medals are ultra rare! And to have all of the supporting paperwork, boxes, and ect!!!!! Great score! What do you know about this grouping? Rick will love to see this!!!

Best regards

PAul Reck

Guest Rick Research

:jumping::jumping: EXCELLENT COMPLETE set!

I have a State Prize award document in thick covers ONLY, nothing else, and it to was apparently a collective award in order to splinter the Actual-Cash-Prize part among many recipients who actually had nothing at all to do with each other.

Yours is THE only complete set I have ever seen in the 10 years I've been collecting!

:jumping::jumping: EXCELLENT COMPLETE set!

I have a State Prize award document in thick covers ONLY, nothing else, and it to was apparently a collective award in order to splinter the Actual-Cash-Prize part among many recipients who actually had nothing at all to do with each other.

Yours is THE only complete set I have ever seen in the 10 years I've been collecting!

:lol: I told you he would love it! LOL

Rick, please translate it for us!!! I can hardly wait to get the details!

Edited by Paul Reck

Guest Rick Research

Chris has got it-- there isn't really any "text" on these-- all that is the list of recipients and their workplaces with the briefest indication of WHY and WHAT they got their Prize for. Mine is the identical format, covers, et cetera.

Here is the first main page of mine:

"By Decree of the Central Committee of the USSR and of the Council of Ministers of the USSR on 3 November 1983 is conferred the State Prize of the USSR

Upon ANTONOV, Dmitry Nikolaevich, milling machine operator at the Vitebsk 'in the name of the XXIInd Congress of the CPSU' lock machine factory, STEPINAYA, Valentina Andreevna, team leader of grinders/polishers at the Moscow Industrial Union's 'in the name of Sergei Ordzhonikidze' machine tool factory, TIMOSHENKOV, Nikolai Pavlovich, team leader of machanics at the mechanized harvester works at the Voronezh Industrial Union 'in the name of M. I. Kalinin' for production of blacksmith press equipment, TYURIN, Ivan Mikhailovich, team leader of lather operators at the mechanized harvester 'Red Proletariat' Industrial Union, PONOMAREV, Aleksandr Nikolaevich, mechanic at a echanized harvester works, KUZNETSOV Gennadi Antonovich, lathe operator, MAKHLINSKO, Nikolai Nikolaevich, team leader of machine operators, VORONOVAYA, Valentina Dmitrievna, lather operator at the workers machine building factory, SHCHUTSKAYA, Nina Safonovna"

and the conclusion

"team leader of the complex brigade of the Barsk machine tool factory, PAVLOV, Vladimir Ivanovich, milling machine operator at the 'in the name of V.A. Degtyarev' factory, SHKURKHIN, Boris Konstantinovich, team leader of adjusters at a machine tool factory, TOLOK, Nina Vladimirovna, turret-lather operator at a machine building factory---

for outstanding achievements in labor, great personal contributions in research, and utilization of internal reserves of production.

This Diploma is issued to

STEPINAYA

VALENTINA ANDREEVNA

No. 14,586

with stamp of the USSR Council of Ministers Committee for the Lenin and State Prizes of the USSR, Section on Science and Technology. Printed signatures of President (at this time) A. Alesandrov and secretary V. Chetverikov-- the latter still in the same job at the time Chris's was awarded.