News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of St. George

Chuck In Oregon

This is my only Order of St. George. It is gold and marked only on the ring. Even with a 10x glass I can't read the mark. This award comes from the Turkish War. I acquired a few other related items from this officer's family and I'll post them one of these days.

Chuck

Great order.. :cheeky: I cant wait till I find one I can afford! :(

George

If my darlin' wife had been within, say, 5,000 miles, I probably wouldn't have bought this one. Well, couldn't have with two broken arms and bleeding from the ears, I suppose. But she wasn't and I can't be trusted with money around good collectibles, so here it is. I don't regret it, mind you, but it was costly in more ways than one. She really doesn't see the humor when I say "It's only money."

Chuck

Chuck,

That is a very attractive award. Can you recommend any sites that explain Imperial Russian awards in simple terms or provide a good primer for further enquiries?

If I had the time, contacts and financial resources, this is another aspect of collecting militaria that I would like to pursue. Please consider a general lack of comments on my part as dumbstruck awe. Please show more, as I am sure there are many other collectors who simply know too little about them.

Thanks in advance,

David