News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order for art and science 2nd class Schaumburg-Lippe

Hello again,

I allready mentioned it in my article "Order for art and Science 2nd class Lippe-Detmold" (Link)

?the set was incomplete?now it?s complete again :P :

The woman, who awarded the "Lippische Rose 2nd class with oakleaves" also got the

Order for art and science 2nd class Schaumburg-Lippe

(cross-design, awarded since 1902 till 1918)

This order was spent in 1899 by Earl Stephan Albrecht Georg, who lived from 10. Octobre 1846 till 29. April 1911.

This piece is made of silver, the size is 37,5 mm x 52,2 mm (ring included)

The ring goes through the apple, the crown hangs moveable at the cross.

The center at the front and back are seperate mounted.

The design of the crown is the same, you can find at the golden merit medals Lippe-Detmold,

made by Carl B?sch, Hannover.

So i?m quite sure, that he also manufactured these orders.

The ribbon, of course in a bow-style for a woman, is gold-red-gold colored and of course the original.

In the golden stripes you can find thin silver-made threads.

On the front-center you can read ?F?R KUNST UND WISSENSCHAFT? (for art and science...).

On the shield you can find the typical rose of Lippe (Detmold and Schaumburg).

On the rear center you read the initials ?GR? for the earl Georg.

I?m sorry, but i don?t know yet the number of awards, but i?m sure it?s comparable

to the order from Lippe-Detmold...especially the number of women who awarded this order :rolleyes: .

Hope you like it, too... :ninja:

If anybody has more information, i would be very happy to read it.

Greetings

Solomon

Edited by Solomon

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

"Hmmm...nobody any information for me?"

That's why YOU need to go to the Archives, copy EVERYTHING, and then retype it all onto nice Word Document Format files to share with us. Think of the fame! (OK, so there won't be any fortune....)

"But I?m searching for a woman...."

Well, because we ARE gentlemen, we won't tell your fianc?e THAT. :speechless1::shame:

:P:cheeky:

"Hmmm...nobody any information for me?"

That's why YOU need to go to the Archives, copy EVERYTHING, and then retype it all onto nice Word Document Format files to share with us. Think of the fame! (OK, so there won't be any fortune....)

"But I?m searching for a woman...."

Well, because we ARE gentlemen, we won't tell your fianc?e THAT. :speechless1::shame:

:P:cheeky:

:D I just got married...I?m not searchinig any longer for a woman to live with... :P

There is a problem with the archives...the documents seem to be locked and they are not shown to the public. ? don?t know the reason.

Maybe I can find something in the archive of Lippe-Detmold.

Greetings

Solomon

Guest Rick Research

Solomon had told us it was on sale AT the Lippe museum. Am glad to see that it is available commercially.

:beer:

• 2 months later...

Now, gentlemen, I have the exact number of awards (because I have the award-list in copy...) :D

There were

35 awards of the 1st class (1899-1918) incl. 20 awards till 1914

and

119 awards of the 2nd class (1899-1918) incl. 7 awards till 1902.

30 women got the order of art and science 2nd class of Schaumburg-Lippe.

Now I know who got my awards (Schaumburg-Lippe and Lippische Rose 2nd class -both at a ribbon for women) :jumping::jumping::jumping::beer:

Greetings

Solomon

Is there a complete list of the recipients in that book?

Chris

No, the book "Orden und Ehrenzeichen des F?rstenthums Lippe-Detmold" only shows the orders, the manufactures and the number of awards and only from Lippe-Detmold.

In this book no decorations from Schaumburg-Lippe are shown!

I have the copies of the lists of recipients from Schaumburg-Lippe and Lippe-Detmold (for the order of a. and s. 2nd class), which can be found in the archives of Detmold and B?ckeburg (for Schaumburg).

But you can?t find the names in any books...

Greetings

Solomon