News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Robert;

Pics are actually also posted here:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=83267

no point in uploading them onto the net again. My reverse is the same on that one I think. There is still quite a lot of the "chrome or whatever" wash on the reverse, where it has been dipped or sprayed or however it was done!

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Edited by MattGibbs

I know what you mean. Some of the DAF badges are very seldom seen, I have never seen a black bordered -early Kreis - one myself. I don't think I have seen a red one for sale for a while on dealer sites either.

Regards

Matt

Robert, et al,

Interested in your comment about price at $75. What kind of prices have you seen badges at shows in the US, or your favourite dealers?

I am asking because here in the UK I have never seen a plack bordered badge for sale or one of the plain members DAF badges.

I am not sure why this is, but 50% will be just "not noticing" I guess! ;)

Interested to know about sources, they don't seem to be that popular, at least I did not think so till I saw this thread :cheeky:

At the mo I know about mid level DAF badges in blue, white, red and yellow for sale out of a collection, no black and no plain though!

I have also never seen the type 3 Reichs level with oakleaves for sale. Anyone else?

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Matt,

Very interesting. I didn't give the members badge or the black bordered a second thought :blush: . I assumed that these would be the common ones, & was excited by the other colours..... I hadn't started to look into the availability of DAF badges when I received the news that the collection was up for sale, & so these are the first for my collection.

Cheers

Don

• 16 years later...

It would indeed be nice to see other examples. I have only one example, wide border (Leader) Orts (Blue) M1/13. Same as one above. 

Would be something to see one with the oak leaf border. Type two if I remember correctly.

They are impressive for the size and simplicity of design. though I have to concentrate to keep the color and border hierarchy straight. I searched online for examples but they were few.

--dj--Joe