News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Research Military Merit Medal Nr. 682.234

Guest Rick Research

Scans 2 and 3 are the Awards Record Card for Starshina of the Reserve Pavel Yevgenievich Mamykin, born 1912 in the city of Balagoe, Leningradsky Oblast. CPSU 1944. Primary education, Russian. Red Army June 1941 to November 1945 as "artmaster" (I am not translating that, this is what the word says in Russian) in 1028th Rifles Regiment of 260th Rifles Division, White Russian Front.

As of when the ARC was filled out (24 January 1947) he was a "Master" at Combine 'in the name of S. M. Kirov' and lived at Apartment 50, Kirilovskaya 22, Leningrad.

MMM 682,234 per decree of the 1028th Rifles Rgt 4.4.44

Valor Medal 1,355,157 per decree of the 1028th Rifles Regiment 26.8.44

Red Star 1,84(?,?)27 per decree of the 260th Rifles Division 15.2.45

Victory Over Germany Medal.

Next scans are a collective regimental citation list and Pavel Yevgenievich Mamykin is person being decorated #8 for his MMM:

"Artmaster {{= Russian term, not translated}}}, masterly {{{military-something I can't translate word}}}, Starshina Mamykin, Pavel Yevgenievich for battles on the approaches to the city of Kovel, V(olyn??)sky Oblast from 15th to 31st March 1944 took part in the combat conditions of the regiment in carrying out repairs of the guns/cannon. Born in 1912, candidate Member of the CPSU, in WPRA since 1941. Home address Apt. 50, 22 Kirilovskaya Ulitsa, Leningrad. Wife: Tatian Pavlovna Mamykina. {{following refers to HIM, though awkward run on paragraph LOOKS like it is about here becuse of the squashed typing}} Russian, recieved Medal 'for the Defense of Stalingrad,' called up into the WPRA from Smodinsky RVK, city of Leningrad."

Signed off by 1028th Rifles Regiment commander Major "Andreev" and Regimental Staff Chief Captain "Grigoriev."

So, although the Russian abbreviated title "artmaster" looks unfortunately in English like someone who teachs PAINTING OR DRAWING, I think what is meant would be the German "Waffenmeister"-- he was the regimental ordnance/weapons repair crew chief.

Do you have the rest of his group, or was this done on the lone MMM?

Rick,

thanks a lot. I only have this lone MMM of Mamykin. I ordered research for it, when i didn?t had many numbered awards. I thought, it might be worth a shot with such a quite low number.

So do you have an idea, why this citation was classified?

best,

Gerd

Just a guess, maybe one of his other awards were classified and so the hole file.

When he was a "Waffenmeister" perhaps he work in a research and development factory

of arms after the war.

regards

Andreas

Just a guess, maybe one of his other awards were classified and so the hole file.

When he was a "Waffenmeister" perhaps he work in a research and development factory

of arms after the war.

regards

Andreas

Thanks, Interesting theory, Adreas. Absolutely possible, i guess. :beer: