News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

iron cross 1939 G Williamson Book search

anybody knows were could i find a copy of this book or at least an e book, or something, is so dificult to find, and if you find it has an outrageous price

thanks.

?Gordon you dont have one lost in your attic?

Hello

I got my copy through Amazon.com I bought it brand new, still with it's cellophane wrapper on it, and because I bought over the Interent from one of Amazons American recommended 'partners' it only cost $86 including shipping to the UK. That's about ?45 GBP. Compare that to the price of it on the UK version of Amazon, around ?110 GBP and you can see that Gordons excellent book can be had for a reasonable price. Very occasionally you will find copies of it for sale on E-Bay.

Either way it's well worth getting a copy. In my opinion every EK collector should have at least two books - 'The Iron Cross of 1939' by Gordon Williamson and 'The Prussian and Germman Iron Cross' by V E Bowen.

to g williamson and ve bowen, i would add

s previtara.

all three have WONDERFUL and complimentary

information/aspects to them, and have been the

source of many hours of enjoyment.

previtara is planning an updated and

corrected second edition. i'd love to see

the same for the other two!!

joe

Guest Darrell

to g williamson and ve bowen, i would add

s previtara.

all three have WONDERFUL and complimentary

information/aspects to them, and have been the

source of many hours of enjoyment.

previtara is planning an updated and

corrected second edition. i'd love to see

the same for the other two!!

joe

What ever happened to his planned German Combat Badges of the 3rd Reich Vol 2? I think it was to cover the Luftwaffe badges :unsure:

Guest Darrell

anybody knows were could i find a copy of this book or at least an e book, or something, is so dificult to find, and if you find it has an outrageous price

thanks.

I believe Bender has a note "OUT OF PRINT" for the book. I'm not sure if that means he's sold out ... or no more are being made. However, if he has any left, that's definitely the way to go. He offers 20% off for WAF members

What ever happened to his planned German Combat Badges of the 3rd Reich Vol 2? I think it was to cover the Luftwaffe badges :unsure:

vol one was a collaborative effort involving steve and

michael tucker. i havem't heard anything about vol two,

but suspect it may be a long time in coming...

joe

I believe Bender has a note "OUT OF PRINT" for the book. I'm not sure if that means he's sold out ... or no more are being made. However, if he has any left, that's definitely the way to go. He offers 20% off for WAF members

thats correct Darrell, ithink the book is not anymore inthis bookstore, ill continue my search, some guy wants 130 usdll, for it in ebay , i think to expensive.

by the way Darrell ?have you feed any german family lately?

Hello

At present on Amazon.com you get Gordons book from $92.88 USD. From my point of view, based on the UK prices for Gordons book, this is a bargain. Follow the link below to Amazon and their marketplace partners:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/091...9107005?ie=UTF8

By the way, if you think $130 USD is expensive for Gordons book, how about $1200 USD for Stephen Previteras !! In the UK the cheapest I could find his for was ?980 GBP.

Guest Darrell

By the way, if you think $130 USD is expensive for Gordons book, how about $1200 USD for Stephen Previteras !! In the UK the cheapest I could find his for was ?980 GBP.

Good Lord ... why?

We've all seen reference books become collectors items themselves but $1,200.00 for Iron Time?? that's a little outrageous. ..if that keeps up , Latvia will start making repro books :unsure:

Gordon's Book is a must have for any serious WW2 Reference Library ..I could see that selling for $200+

Guest Darrell

We've all seen reference books become collectors items themselves but $1,200.00 for Iron Time?? that's a little outrageous. ..if that keeps up , Latvia will start making repro books :unsure:

Gordon's Book is a must have for any serious WW2 Reference Library ..I could see that selling for $200+

If someone offered me 1200$ for Tuckers book ... I'd hand deliver it :cheeky:

Good Lord ... why?

Hello

I don't know why, but the link below will take you to the UK Amazon site:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0...5?condition=all

The ones on Amazon.com are slightly 'cheaper' due to the exchange rate. But why it's this price, who knows. I certainly wouldn't pay it regardless of how good the book is, especially if an new, updated and corrected edition is coming out.

Perhaps we should all start buying all these books up. A couple of years time we could all make our fortunes :cheeky:

Thanks all guys, you have been very helpfull, ill continue my quest, a good business for Gordon Wlliamson could be scan his own book and sale the digitalized one, that will be a good deal, anddont use the publisher, the bad thing will be tha illegal peer to peer

best regards and thanks again

thanks.

Try:

www.pzg.biz

They supposedly have them for $60.

Cheers, :beer:

Bill

Try:

www.pzg.biz

They supposedly have them for $60.

Cheers, :beer:

Bill

Um........That's for "The Iron Cross of 1939"........As for Previtera's book, "The Iron Time" comes out around mid-December for around $125 (through www.windorepress.com)

Cheers again :beer::beer:

Bill

Um........That's for "The Iron Cross of 1939"........As for Previtera's book, "The Iron Time" comes out around mid-December for around $125 (through www.windorepress.com)

Cheers again :beer::beer:

Bill

Where did you get that info Bill?

Where did you get that info Bill?

Hi Darrell,

I spoke to (?) at Winidore Press, as I had previously bought, "Prussian Blue". He told me that the second (corrected) edition of "The Iron Time" was coming out around mid-December, and that the price would be "around" $125, but the fancy edition in the hard case (with either a KC or EK on the cover ) would be "around" $150. I told him that I'd like first dibs on the special edition. He said that they're taking names, but not orders just yet.

Sorry I can't remember his name. All I remember was that I spoke to him (twice) on different Saturdays.

By the way..........Wish me luck. When Detlev sends my 6,000 Euro KC, I sure hope that CUSTOMS doesn't sniff it out - it'll cost me about $1300 Canadian if they do :angry: .

Cheers :beer:

Bill

Hi Darrell,

I spoke to (?) at Winidore Press, as I had previously bought, "Prussian Blue". He told me that the second (corrected) edition of "The Iron Time" was coming out around mid-December, and that the price would be "around" $125, but the fancy edition in the hard case (with either a KC or EK on the cover ) would be "around" $150. I told him that I'd like first dibs on the special edition. He said that they're taking names, but not orders just yet.

Sorry I can't remember his name. All I remember was that I spoke to him (twice) on different Saturdays.

By the way..........Wish me luck. When Detlev sends my 6,000 Euro KC, I sure hope that CUSTOMS doesn't sniff it out - it'll cost me about $1300 Canadian if they do :angry: .

Cheers :beer:

Bill

ok thanks for the info.

Hope it comes through customs ok. Seems like you havent had much luck lately.

so as far i understand, you recommend the new republished Iron Time than the iron cross 1939 right??

previtara is working on the second edition as we "speak".

i saw him ~two weeks ago, and he's deleted errors,

added some new pieces, but it will be a refined

version of the first.

joe