News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Colonial Police medals

I don't know of such a book either, though it would be a nice one to see and have. It would be difficult to research, however, and would likely require a close relative working for a good international airline so you could fly all over the world for free. :)

There is a book by Roger Campion, entitled "Police Medals of the World". There is some information about the colonial police medals, but I cannot remember how much, I'll check at home and will let you know.

Regards,

Lukasz

It has got a few pages on the Colonial Awards. It is not a bad book considering there is so little out there. But potentially it could have been so much better. Lets hope for a new edition.

• 4 months later...

I have been working on a book (provisionally titled For Long & Efficient Service) for the past few years. It will hopefully see the light of day in the coming months. As the title suggests, it concentrates on LSMs, though several meritorious issues are also included. With well over one hundred colour plates covering over eighty issues, all long service awards are covered - both British and Imperial, though the nationalised and provincial awards of Australia and Canada are omitted.

• 7 months later...

Gentlemen,

Some years ago I acquired a Colonial Police LSGC George VI issue named to:

RSM HAMADI MTILA M.M.

I had thought the name Arabic but the surname appears to be of southern African origin. To date I have had no success in identifying which Police Force he was with - is M.M. the Force abbreviation, or indeed Military Medal? The rank of RSM seems strange for such a medal.

Any suggestions?

Owain

I have been working on a book (provisionally titled For Long & Efficient Service) for the past few years. It will hopefully see the light of day in the coming months. As the title suggests, it concentrates on LSMs, though several meritorious issues are also included. With well over one hundred colour plates covering over eighty issues, all long service awards are covered - both British and Imperial, though the nationalised and provincial awards of Australia and Canada are omitted.

I'll look forward to buying a copy of that book when it comes out, Tony.

Well done for covering a much-ignored subject. :cheers:

Guest pikemedals

hi try british gallantry awards by abbott and tamplin.it got chapters on the burma police medal,the colonial police medal,the indian police medal,the constabulary medal (ireland). the book give you some info on the origin and development, verifications and citations,numbers awarded, and bars.book was published around 1971 paul

The Medals Year book covers most of the of the awards I think you are looking for.

My edition is getting a little old (1995) but if you need any info I'll check further for you.

Regards Eddie.