News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 54
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Wowee!!! That's a "short form" wear-- "nothing else" 1870 EK2 AND 1914 BAR

jumping.gifjumping.gifjumping.gifjumping.gifjumping.gif

[attachmentid=10788]

BTW, if I found this Cross loose, I'd be the first to say "NO way! Where are the rest of his medals? Nobody would have only worn ONE like this!" rolleyes.gifcheers.gif

Guest Rick Research

I'm lost. Does YOURS glow blue under blacklight? Is this being photographically recopied now with the exact same developing flaws?

Multiple original prints of the same original photo aren't surprising. WHY is there any question of being fake?

My exemplar is an original postcard. I never heard about fake postcards. I know some people made a copy of original photos, but it is not the same. I have more than 1200 postcards in my collection, all of them are originals.

Christophe

I just bought this one on ebay  last month, but I think it is a repro.

It glows and it was done on a photo quality scanner and pasted on to an older cardboard backing. I suspect the backing originally had another less exciting picture on it. I might never have known except when it arrived the center of the picture underneath was loose.

Guest Rick Research

Bad news, but thanks! Recently many FAKE Imperial German cabinet photos have also been appearing, the small size on heavy cardboard backing with the photographer's name, prizes won and so on, on reverse-- ALL completely fake and new-- the "sandwich" of paper used in making the fraudulent backings glows blue from the edges of the usual thick cardboard brown finished backings. I have seen these from obscure and exotic "1850s" subjects right up to the most boringly ordinary 1913 buck-private types.

I am also seeing vast numbers of phony Soviet "personnel file" photos (once available literally by the brown paper market bag full) on a variety of papers (crinkle edge, plain edge and so on) for dissimilitude, but sharing the SAME reverse "stamps" filled in with incorrect information... those are mainly Super Heroes with enormous awards and are taken from newsprint-- under a magnifier the dot patterns show which are not there in real photographs.

So, now we have to juggle black lights for every single photo, too. angry.gif