News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Collection .. so far ....

Guest Darrell

It was about time I pulled everything out of their containers / cases etc. to take a group photo.

I'm expecting a Defense of Sevastopol / Defense of Odessa and Liberation of Belgrade in the next couple of weeks to round it out a bit.

Hope you enjoy.

IPB Image

:beer: Next we must get you addicted to awards paperwork... then research....

I spend too much time looking at medals and such now ... wouldn't want to guess what I'd do if I had to research them all

:unsure:

Edited by Darrell

Very nice collection Darrell. My favorite medal of them all is the Belgrade Medal(I actually have two. One of them is part of a documented grouping). I bet that you are excited about getting yours.

A lot of the people who received this medal did not fare so well after the war. The way I understand it is that most of the awardees were partisans who Stalin sent to Siberia. Talk about a slap to the face by a "thankful" government.

Edited by Paul Reck

A lot of the poeple who received this medal did not fare so well after the war. The way I understand it is that a lot of the awardees were partisans who Stalin sent to Siberia. Talk about a slap to the face by a "thankful" government.

That goes for many ethnic minorities and even the Russian Prisoners of war that were liberated in Germany near the end of the war. That Stalin was one mean SOB

:unsure: