News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Republic of Korea (South Korea)

Hugh

Grand Order of Mugunhwa

Issued from 1949 to 1967. The pendant is described as 87mm by 82mm with the Mugunghwa flower being 58mm across and the Taeguk symbol having a diameter of 10mm. The Order is made of gold with silver being used to accent the Mugunghwa flowers along the length of the chain. The flowers on the chain represent each of the provinces and the cities of Seoul and Pusan which have provincial statue. Minor variations are known to exist.

The other style issued after 1967 has been changed several times. Today the Gold version is issued in either a male or a female size for Heads of State, while the Silver version is issued in either a male or a female size for the spouses of Heads of State.

• Replies 168
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right - that's the one I have a picture of as well... so I need to change my page to reflect the dates... and then try to find a high-quality picture of the current version (that's the hard part).

Speaking of Japanese administered Korea, I saw this at OMSA last weekend. The owner only wanted $35,000 for it. Yes, I did put the decimal point in the right place! Anyone have the name for it?

Sorry for the poor quality, but the price probably made me shaky, and the macro setting just magnified the tremor.

Grand Cordon of the Order of the Plum Blossom, a one-class order created in 1900.

Thanks, Jeff, So before the Japanese. Interesting how reminiscent the suspension is of the Japanese.

Hugh

Thanks, Jeff, So before the Japanese. Interesting how reminiscent the suspension is of the Japanese.

Hugh

Actually, by the end of the Sino-Japanese War in 1895, the Japanese ran Korea. Almost total dominantion (with some Russian influence) until 1905.

Edited by Ed_Haynes