News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I really like finding about something new about your old bars. Some time ago, I showed this bar on another forum. But now I think I see it in a different light!

beamtenb1.png.4fd72325d2557ef0c1f2ef19ece6672f.png

1) EK2 1914

2) Bavarian Military Merit Order 4th class?? OR Cross?? w/ crown am 'Beamtenband'

3) Hindenburg

4) Bavarian 1905 or 1911 Jubilee

5) Crownprince Rupprecht unofficial medal (thanks Stogie-Rick!)

6) Bavarian unofficial 1918 Golden Wedding Jubilee medal

I am curious: Has anyone already seen what the point is regarding this bar?! :rolleyes:

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

Yes, the Weimar-era "dynastic" awards were tolerated for wear after 1934.

This looks like the top of two rows of ribbons to me. Do you have the bottom row and you are teasing us?

:cheers::cheers:

It took me months to see that!! Normally the dynastic awards should go behind long service, but this proud Bavarian ignored regulations.

Here, courtesy of Stogie-Rick, is the matching set on astroturf:

beamtenb2.png.e9eb031b478c16c41a0dbe95f999397e.png

Edited by webr55

Sadly, I don't have the bottom row. I hope it turns up somewhere eventually, because it should be recognizable as having:

2x long service, Hungarian Commem, and three others. I would guess a Sudeten and ???

I still am unsure what guy we are looking at. A Zahlmeister, maybe, who stayed into WM? Got the Bavarian Cross, rather, maybe as an Unterzahlmeister?

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

:speechless: I don't remember my Evil Twin (aka "He Of The Astroturf") having THOSE at all...

(sometimes he makes end runs around me and I naver get to paw the goods... he seems to OBJECT to drool, for some reason) but similar bars, if my memory serves, DID turn up as several individual spread out lots from

Weitze, was it, Your Evilness?

I think what we had here was a Super Fashion Plate "dude" who had every imaginable version of ribbon bar for his whim of the day... and that a set of ALL his belongings (somewhere out there would be the MEDAL bar et cetera) were dispersed among German dealers.

Seems to me there as at least one bar with a KVK2X on it, as well.

I think the Wehrmacht 18 & 4 are correct "while recalled in the Wehrmacht" WW2 replacements for his old Bavarian long service, so he was a zV retread, not career military through Weimar (or it would be 25 & 12). Paymaster sounds right, probably at Oberzahlmeister level.

My esteemed colleague is suffering from Early-Stage Dementia...... he had all 4 of the Ruprecht Bars I had on his kitchen table........ There were a total of 4, 2 matched, the others were from different guys. A fifth bar was actually available from the original seller (Helmut Weitze) and I believe it matched the pr. shown above on my signature backdrop. I wasn't quite quick enough with the mouse to get them all.

Here's an image of the reverse. These were stripped off a uniform and found as shown. If somebody only found the top row, one would think "not a chance"....... I simply don't automatically start thinking "half a bar"... "The Evil Twin" is better at perceiving this than I.

webr55 refers to the Crown Prince Ruprecht medal as unofficial. Can someone tell me why.

Bob,

the medal was given out by the Crown Prince to his faithful ones in Weimar times, well into the 1930s. So obviously not a state award, but a dynastic one.

Regards

Chris

The same holds true of the Prinz Alphonse Award (the one we usually see as a schnalle)... along with a multitude of Bavarian shooting awards given out by the Crown prince. Having owned several Bavarian groups with these awards and documents in them, I can assure you many of the recipients of these considered them quite "official"

stogieman said:

Having owned several Bavarian groups with these awards and documents in them, I can assure you many of the recipients of these considered them quite "official"

Certainly. Otto Dessloch's bar had two of these on it, I think.

BTW, this came with the bar, they were supposed to belong together. Well, maybe.

Ribbon_6_Medal_.jpg

Edited by webr55

I had a Bavarian SBM group to a Baker...... in it were multiple Bavarian Prince Alphonse Shooting Badges... they were beautiful and had matching documents. very cool stuff. He also had a document for the award of a stein (of all things) from the official Bavarian Baking Society! This guy kept everything!