News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Iraqi Stuff for a Major General

See the detail in the insignia I posted here it is manufactured by a machine and not made by hand machine stitching:

Lorenzo

Paul

These were used before the Gulf War manufactured by a company autherized by the Ministry of uniforms and insignia.

Lorenzo

Paul,

I bought a green uniform (jacket and trousers) some years ago on ebay, maybe in 2004/2005.

With some patches, badges, decorations, rank insignias and a red shoulder cord.

It was sewn in poor quality (compared to German quality standard), here is the label:

Uwe

Paul,

I bought a green uniform (jacket and trousers) some years ago on ebay, maybe in 2004/2005.

With some patches, badges, decorations, rank insignias and a red shoulder cord.

It was sewn in poor quality (compared to German quality standard), here is the label:

Uwe

Very nice tag label for the uniform shirt, can you post the pictures of the full thing. It has the same insignia of Paul's Beret that was displayed:

Lorenzo

Here is the upper part of the jacket/shirt:

Uwe

This is very nice, is this yours? Republican Guard Shirt original Label tag, just don't like the buttons most officers change them out with the metal eagle buttons this belonged to possible Arif or enlisted soldier. the Saddam pin don't know about that, but they were worn the flag is it plastic with a pin back can you take a picture of the reverse side. Habel is all red no green, did it come with the unifrom???? is there any dates marked on them does it have a tag made in Baghdad????? Does the Republican Guard Insignia have a white stitching bprder around the edges???

Can you post pictures of the areas I asked about thank you

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Hey Lorenzo,

I posted the reverse of one of the Generals Straps, you asked for. As you can see, it is very cleanly assembled.

Speedy,

Thank you for sharing the uniform jacket. I would like to find an officer's quality example to place my boards onto.

Regards

Paul

The Galantry medal for the Mother of all Battles has the wrong ribbon the enamel and the clear watergold looks very worn. The worthiness medal has the wrong ribbon on it as well. The Saddam pin looks cool, but the image was poorly cut and glued on to the metal back piece. The Flag with the metal backing and saftey pin mounting system is the best piece in this grouping.

Lorenzo

If anyone can translate the inscription, I would be most thankful!

Paul,

A nice badge and you have the presentation packet to go with it. Most of the time you find the badge without the packet.

The translation is- The Leader President Saddam Huseyin.

I hope this helps you out.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a closeup of the writing on the packet.

Paul,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I got side tracked with posting the different cord colors on a different post.

The Iraqi Eagle-The Iraqi State started to use this eagle as a official emblem since 1963 and this eagles shape was used by the old Islamic leader Salladin from the Ayoobi State around 500A.H.

The large translation below the eagle is " Iraqi Republic".

Bob

Paul,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I got side tracked with posting the different cord colors on a different post.

The Iraqi Eagle-The Iraqi State started to use this eagle as a official emblem since 1963 and this eagles shape was used by the old Islamic leader Salladin from the Ayoobi State around 500A.H.

The large translation below the eagle is " Iraqi Republic".

Bob

Thanks for your translation! I do really appreciate it. Are you able to read Arabic or is your friend helping you? I have always been intrigued by that language.

Thanks for your translation! I do really appreciate it. Are you able to read Arabic or is your friend helping you? I have always been intrigued by that language.

Paul,

My friend in Iraq does the translating for me that way I know it is correct.

Bob