Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Motorhead

The 1914 Eks with blued core

Thanks for the rear photos Mike.

Eric that's a nice one you've scored with the star on the pin, I've yet to add this one to my collection. Looking forward to seeing some shots of it.

Chris

mike, that was me. i decided to get it in order to round out my blued-core selection. i already have 800, 930, 935, and 'silber' versions, and the mark on this one was very nicely done. hinge looks kinda wonky, tho

i was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the core on this one. pretty minty! a really really nice example..i'll post pics this weekend

The screwback variation. My example is only stamped with an "*" at the screw.I've seen also exmples with that marking at the washer.(There's also a pinback variation stamped with the"*"-that marking is located at the pin!) Back the the screwbak-of course there are also exaples marked with "SILBER" at the backside-and I know examples they are additional marked with "Sedlatzeck".But as I count him as a retailer it's not a "real" variation of these crosses.

micha, here is a very worn example of a 'silber' marked screwback with a type II core

the screwback system has been replaced with a horizontal pin, which interestingly enough is of the type found on wound badges said to be of austrian manufacture

Edited by Eric Stahlhut

Here's mine with the Silber mark stamped on the reverse plate. A screwback with the remains of the * on the reverse of the cross

Chris