News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Small" ribbon bar

Hi,

Here is one pretty impressive set of ribbons for WW2 vet. I would LOVE to know how much his jacket weight when he weared all his awards.... problem with standing streight?

Thank you to Lukasz for some ribbons ID.

1. USSR: Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky 3rd class

2. Ukraine: Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky 3rd class

3. USSR: Order of the Patriotic War 1st class

4. USSR: Order of the Patriotic War 2nd class

5. USSR: Order of the Red Star

6. USSR: Medal "For Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"

7. Russian Fed.: Medal of Zhukov

8. USSR: Jubilee medal "Twenty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"

9. USSR: Jubilee medal "Thirty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"

10. USSR: Jubilee medal "Forty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"

11. Russian Fed.: Jubilee medal "Fifty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"

12. Russian Fed.: Jubilee medal "Sixty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"

13. Ukraine: Medal "Sixty Years of Liberation of Ukraine from Fascist Occupants"

14. Belarus: Medal "Sixty Years of Liberation of Republic Belarus from Fascist Occupation"

15. USSR: Medal "For the Capture of Berlin"

16. USSR: Medal "For the Liberation of Warsaw"

17. Ukraine: Medal "For Defender of the Country"

18. USSR: Medal "Veteran of Labour"

19. USSR: Jubilee medal "50 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"

20. USSR: Jubilee medal "60 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"

21. USSR: Jubilee medal "70 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"

22. USSR: Medal "In Memory of the 1500th Anniversary of Kiev"

23. Poland: "Oder, Neisse and Baltic" Medal

17376337531055_o.jpg

That is a lot of commemorative medals. I heard from someone that commemorative awards were not automatically given to veterans. Can someone shed some light on how they were awarded?

I'd be curious as the answers to this question regarding award of jubilee medals as well. I have a couple ribbon bars missing some jubilees - but with later ones on the bar. If a vet had to apply for the medal, that could possibly explain the gaps.