News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I.D. sleeve badge with "V"?

Hello folks!

The V looks like the V upon the oval sleeve badge of the "Versuchs- oder Übungsflugpark". But they had a "Fl P" underneath the V.

There were only two parks: west and east.

I don´t think, it belonged to a pioneer unit. Oval sleeve badges were worn by Telegraph-units and air-force.

Some non-official badges are known, but very rare!

We might know, what the letters are. I think the 1st one is a "F" (Flieger ; Funker ; Feld etc etc).

The 2nd one could be a Q or a G.

A single V like this was also worn by the "Versuchs-Abteilung" of the railway-troops.

Is there anything written on the reverse?

Could you please show the whole photo?

A very interesting badge!!!!!!

Edited by The Prussian

Hello folks!

The V looks like the V upon the oval sleeve badge of the "Versuchs- oder Übungsflugpark". But they had a "Fl P" underneath the V.

There were only two parks: west and east.

I don´t think, it belonged to a pioneer unit. Oval sleeve badges were worn by Telegraph-units and air-force.

Some non-official badges are known, but very rare!

We might know, what the letters are. I think the 1st one is a "F" (Flieger ; Funker ; Feld etc etc).

The 2nd one could be a Q or a G.

A single V like this was also worn by the "Versuchs-Abteilung" of the railway-troops.

Is there anything written on the reverse?

Could you please show the whole photo?

A very interesting badge!!!!!!

Hi, Andy.

I haven't yet received the card in the mail. As soon as I get it, I'll see if there's anything on the back.

Edited by Thomas W

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the 1916 Probestück for the (Fl.P.) Armee-Flugparks sleeve patch. The Versuchs-und Übungsflugpark patch was authorized at the same time. The shoulder strap with the "V" on it is for technical troops of the Versuchs-Abteilung des Militär-Verkehrswesens and the Pionier-Versuchs-Komp..

(Probe piece from the collection of the Bavarian Army Museum, Ingolstadt)

Edited by Chip