achern

Argentinian air force general ranks query

5 posts in this topic

Guys, I am very curious as to what these supposedly Argentinian air force general ranks are. I can't find a chart on these and have not seen them before.

Any ideas please?

argentina1.jpg

argentina4.jpg

Thanks,

Alf

Thanks, Lawrence! Yes, I have looked at the page, but I am actually looking for a clue as to what the devices on the shoulder boards mean, e.g. what rank it is, and what the symbols represent.

Here are some more photographs in case they could be of some help:argentina5.jpg

The eagles are fixed to the boards by bolts and nuts. It appears the bottom two eagles have been on the boards longer, and the top one is newer and brighter. A promotion perhaps?

argentina6.jpg

argentina7.jpg

argentina8.jpg

It also appears that the eagles have been nicely curved to fit the curvature of the boards.

argentina11.jpg

And a close-up of the button, in case the crest may give a clue. The details are quite worn out, though.

Hello The shoulder board with three birds is uruguayan and not argentinian ; the other shoulder board the wider , is argentinian and for a full dress uniform . is ornamental . and dont carries rank badges . for everyday use the rank badges were those wich appears in the site of insignias . on the cuffs or on shoulder boards . originally the cuff rank badges were black for everyday and gold for dress . and blck on the plain grey blue shoulder boards . The Fuerza Aerea Argentina general officers are called Brigadieres , existed three classes : Brigadier ; Brigadier Mayor and Brigadier General . today wears on the cuffs the bars and rhombus in matt silver colour and on the shoulder boards two to four five pointed siver stars with a mat silver device below an a border around the strap braided also in matt silver . Generally speaking Air force uniforms were not much bright but smart looking from 1945 till 1982 . after the war the Air force decayed . lack of budget lack of flying material etc the uniforms dont scaped to the rule .