News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Regimental Badge authentic?

15THPACAV

I picked this badge for the Imperial Russian Dragoon Guards, and I am unsure as to it's authenticity. I realize the photos are not the best, but they are all I have.

The badge did not come with a backing plate. 

Thanks in advance.

DSCN3049 (1).JPG

DSCN3050.JPG

DSCN3051.JPG

DSCN3057.JPG

DSCN3059.JPG

Edited by TacHel

THIRTY thousand dollars ?????  For a badge?  I could buy a nice car for that amount, or one hell of a medal group, etc., etc.

I know these Russian Imperial regimental badges are not cheap, but I thought most were in the $500-$1,000 range. A good friend of mine, now in his 90's and a recluse, has a great collection that he amassed in the 80's & 90's. Have prices increased THAT much?

A lot depends on the quality and rarity of the badges. Generally speaking the most sought after are the regimental and related badges. The really rare badges if they are of excellent quality could easily make $30,000 and possibly in a very few cases more, however there are many badges, either Civil institutions, low quality other ranks or common units which are  inexpensive (no more than a few hundred dollars).

Paul

Still trying to comprehend those prices. My friend's collection consists of only officer's regimental badges, with some jetons as well, and I know he didn't pay that much for the badges. Admittedly, that was 15-25 years ago.

I shudder to think what his collection is worth now; he has at least 50 badges, perhaps more.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Could I get some advice from the experts here? I have a couple of officer school badges that I have had for many years (Konstantin Artillery School & Nicholas Cavalry School). I assume that these are fairly common badges, as officer's badges go, but I would appreciate a value estimate for a badge in good condition. I'm pretty sure these are wartime examples.

Chip