News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Morning, Stan

Great design isn’t it.

I had been after one of these for some time, myself…. hard to find an original with intact enamel.

So, general rule of thumb when buying one of these:

Always go for a “Preissler” marked one; some say that there are original unmarked examples out there, but wouldn’t take the chance.

Any more than a five digit membership number, leave well alone.

If I come across another decent one, I’ll give you a shout.

Warmest regards

John

Hello John.

Thanks for the picture with the nice looking woman!

Seems I could be leading the contest of who have the lowest numbered badge ;). I'm just wondering, although I have seen several of these, I have never seen any with a low number like 27, 208 or 1230, all I have seen have been numbered with 20xxx, 30xxx or 40xxx. But of course I haven't seen thousands! Would you know how the numbering system were made, meaning did they start with 1? I'm just curious.

Regards, Lars

img190.thumb.jpg.6292ae5a241b8fc5989fe5c  img191.thumb.jpg.a3baa5975359770a7ec893e

Edited by larsb001

Good morning, Lars

An interesting question....

I have sent an email to a fellow collector whose collecting interests cover civilian organizations of the Wehrmacht in the hope that he has some information.

I do know that the Flugmeldedienst was an independent branch until the formation of the Luftnachrichtenhelferinnen, into which it was absorbed in February 1941.

A new badge, or 2nd pattern badge, was instituted for the flugmeldedienst helferinneen, but the Luftnachrichtenhelferinnen badge is what is mostly seen worn in period photographs.

civilian_female_Luftwaffe_auxiliary__ser