News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is this Iron Cross genuine?

A relative has sent me the attached photos of a 1939 Iron Cross and wants to know whether it is genuine and what it is worth.  I know nothing about Nazi awards and would appreciate some assistance.

medals2.jpg

medals3.jpg

cross800.jpg

Its a Knights cross, whether it is right or wrong I don't know you would have to canvas opinion from the 'experts', looks a bit used so may have a chance on the other hand it looks to have had a paint job?  I hope it is a correct one but I am always skeptical of any of these as there seems to be far more of them around than should have ever been produced not even taking into account all of those lost sunk in the U boat arm or lost shot down in flames etc.  The fact no one has commented is probably a good thing?

Looks like it is trying to be an S&L micro 800. I am not knowledgeable on RKs. Read the thread on GMIC "The Great RK Debate" . It has good information and great photos for you to compare your cross to. Good luck! It could be a nice find.