News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice Gesture...

Chris Boonzaier

I feel they deserved to be honored. If they give the LdH for actors and such then these fellows definitely earned this honor. What other medal is available for bravery in France, a valor cross?

I agree someone should have acquired more suitable attire for the ceremony. They were traveling and didn't expect such an event but the American Embassy or the French Government should have given them a clothing allowance and a trip for the clothing store.

Good for these guys. They set an example for all of us to follow. I hope most people would do the same 

Hi,

The LdH has pretty flexible rules, and some of the recipients leave you scratching your head, but it also covers service and achievment.

The Problem is, the French system can be a bit confusing in General. I remember in Bosnia guys who were wounded automatically recieved the wound medal (of course, they were wounded) but also got the Military valor cross and medaille Militaire.... which kinda negates the purpose of the Wound medal.

Maybe the gold version of this would have been more realistic ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honour_medal_for_courage_and_devotion

However, they got the LdH and probably deserved it more than some past recipients.

I have noticed, it is almost a national passtime in France to muse over just what certain people did to get the LdH. I think these guys will get a thumbs up around the coffee table.