News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British ww2 webbing belt

Hi 

I have this single webbing pouch I think is an ammo pouch but I am not 100% sure it is for the British army (WW2) I was hoping someone on here would be able to confirm or not if it is British and WW2 if not what nations and period is it from.

Thanks for your help

25I6kLktTmml8n+9PGMZsg_thumb_25c4.jpg

bcQEkyXwSPK4Psi7f%q0Ow_thumb_25c3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25bf.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25c0.jpg

From the fact that the pouch is padded and the single brass belt fixing I would say that this is a pouch for carrying the prismatic compass. Can't make out the ink stampings so can't give you a date but these were still being used up to the late 80's at least.

All the best Simon.

Ahhh yes I didn't think of a compass, the stamp is really hard to make out the top line has the letters MEC and numbers 19  and is either 64 or 45 W I think its 64 but really hard to see and the second line number are 973 - 5 (or 8 or s) 960.  I'm guessing after the MEC is the year date? is it British do you think?