News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greetings,

I would appreciate any feedback on my this medal bar. My main question is concerning the Bavarian Military Merit Cross, second class with swords. With it being on a non-combatant ribbon is this a legit grouping of medals? I understand that ribbon was for Non-Combatants and Military Officials. Can you have a decoration with swords hang on a non-combatant ribbon? Just want to get some expert feedback on this bar as this Bavarian ribbon is new to me.

Thank you,

Vince

a.jpg

650b.jpg

psb.jpg.5095a7a3b0f270604237d021a5e8eb12.jpg

I found it in my database for almost half an hour and finally found the same one. In addition, you sent this ebay shop and I think their home is a bit expensive.

727476612_QQ20180527232516.png.aad4901269b40ad0f7c679e874e4d53b.png

This is my database. He really is a lot. I have collected it for a long time.Hope it helps you:beer:

Dear 1812 ouverture

It's not the same spange, the third medal is different. The spange above has no golden marraige medal and the medalbar above also has two medals from the third reich (if we don't count the FEK).

Dear sftrooper86

I am not certain about the originality of the medalbar you've shown. The MVK2krx looks a bit weird in my eyes, but I would prefer a collector of MVK's or a collector of Bavarian medals to give a better opinion. For the rest the bar looks fine. Regarding your question on the ribbon, it is true that this ribbon is for military officials, so it is not uncommon to see it being worn with swords.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Thank you for your assistance. It has been many years since I have collected and there is still a life time of learning ahead. Thanks to all who have helped me along the way. This is an awesome group of individuals and I am proud to call you my friends.

Thanks again & Happy Hunting,

Vince

Hello,
    the first bar was from a long service militar official. Long service in the bavarian army, service cross second class for 24 years and Treuedienstauszeichnung (third Reich) for 40 years.The Ribbon of the MVK was especially for noncombattants. Since 1915 the MVK was awarded only with swords. The MVK was made by Leser, the swords will be awarded seperately, the were made by Hemmerle. Very nice bar, I'm excited. A lot of MVK's were adapted with swords in wartime, that's the reason why MVK without swords are so rare.

The second bar is also a official bar with different awards. Reuss Verdienstmedaille with swords gold.
    Last position is the servicecross 15 years for NCO's.
    This MVK was made by Deschler.

Edited by spolei

Thank you again for this detailed information. This card came with this medal bar and notes the US Army soldier's name who captured it and the location in Germany. I know this really means very little as it cannot be proven but it is the pieces provenance according to the person I purchased it from and whom I trust.

650.a.jpg

650bb.jpg

Fürstenfeldbruck is a town in Bavaria.
    The swords are not fixed, that is a detail for adaptation.
    In my collection is a frist class from Weiss with adapted Hemmerle swords. On the backside you will see a long pin which fixes the swords.

MVK.1_Kl.Schwerter.Hemmerle_(3)4338.JPG

MVK.1_Kl.Schwerter.Hemmerle_(4)4339.JPG

Edited by spolei