News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Glory 3rd Grade

1 hour ago, Leaftree said:

Possibly for a disability during the war. I have one in the serial range 7678xx for this, received in June of 1970.

Served in the 77th Rifle Division,109th Rifle Regiment.

It was a common practice to award for disability in the

70th and 80th.But I do not have any more information.

Yes, exactly, the decree of 17 Feb 1972 was one of the decres “for wounds”, or disability obtained due to war wounds as it was mentioned here. 

Edited by Egorka

There are 12 people with this name which were awarded OGIII during WW2. 

It is a common name. I actually think this particular citation is not on the website because it is from 1970s. The database covers documnets until 1946 (?). Not sure exactly unril what specific date, but abround 1946. 

Edited by Egorka

7 hours ago, Egorka said:

It is a common name. I actually think this particular citation is not on the website because it is from 1970s. The database covers documnets until 1946 (?). Not sure exactly unril what specific date, but abround 1946. 

In Podvid naroda I have found only one person concerning  Mikhail Mikhailovich Petrov.The Guard  soldier of 307 infantry Mortar Regiment.Awards-only Medal For Victory over Germany in 1946.Nobody else with this first name,second  name and surname.

Edited by nickstrenk

I beg to differ. :)

If I punch in «Михаил Михайлович Петров», I get 358 different documents. Of these, at least 21 entries for different prople for the Victory medal. 

2 hours ago, Egorka said:

I beg to differ. :)

If I punch in «Михаил Михайлович Петров», I get 358 different documents. Of these, at least 21 entries for different prople for the Victory medal. 

I have to admit,you are right.36 pages with Михаил Михайлович Петров in Память народа.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 13/07/2018 at 22:43, Egorka said:

That's about right. They have some wound award decrees from the early 1950s though, but this 1972 award won't be on the website.