News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Picked this one up in a bunch of tinnies from a disgrutled ebayer (the e-police booted him off)

obv. "Opfer-ring" Rev. "Gauleitung Mklbg. Lubeck. NSDAP. ges.gesch."

I'm sure I've contributed to a thread somewhere on this badge, but old age and memory have lost it. Don can you remember.

I believe that this badge was worn by the donation collectors. I have one other with the same front and a different area on the back viz "Gauleitung Sachsen. NSDAP. ges.gesch."

Any others out there?

Regards,

Pete

Untitled_2.gif

Pete,

I remember you posting as well, I think it may have been on another forum though...

I have 3, Baden, Sachsen & Lübeck. There are also those with only NSDAP on the reverse but as yet I don't have one. I'm not sure how many different ones there are.

I've always thought these were worn by the donation collectors as well, but recently I came upon a Mitglied book for these & it states that the book has to be carried at all times that the badge is worn but doesn't seem to have any reference to it being anything other than a standard donation card so I don't know. I think the person who owned the card was an enamel collector as well as there is only one donation stamp in it, just enough to get the badge.....

Here's my Lübeck

Cheers

Don

Opfer_ring_Mcklbg_L_beck.jpg

Thanks Stephen, I was hoping someone had one.

I've noticed a similarity with all of these that may just be an optical illusion, but it looks to me that the letter "R" in Ring looks larger than the one in Opfer..... anyone else see it?

Cheers

Don

[attachmentid=37165][attachmentid=37166]

Don, You are quite right. Five letters on left side and 4 letters on right side. To make all the lettering and areas appear like they belong they increased the size of the letters. If thre are any mathematicians here they could explain better. Great Observation. Here is my example. If you thought this previous statement was embarassing wait until you see my example. Aside from attachment plate and pin, it is authentic. Sorry for the spelling. On my first cup of coffee. Robert :blush: No laughing please.

File0379.jpg

File0380.jpg

As there seem to be only three Gau/Ort marked badges, I wonder if they found that making different reverse dies too expensive and just went with the simple NSDAP marked type. One size fits all. But then why does there seem to be even less of this type around. Any evidence of a date in your Mitglied book Don?

Robert I would say yours has been in a fire, hence the crazing and missing pin. Dug out of the rubble!

Regards,

Pete

Edited by wood

• 3 months later...
    • 10 months later...

I've been searching for one of these for years & then like the proverbial number 8 bus two came along together.......

The first one has the wording "Kreis Jena-Stadtroda" & is marked with a manufacturs symbol which has been suggested may be for William Hobacher.....

Opferring_variant_Jena_set_a.jpg

The second also came from the same source, & has some imperfections to the obverse with air bubbling in the white enamel causing a couple of pin point sized holes.

Reverse is totally unmarked apart from Ges.Gesch on the pin plate. However the distinct pattern in the pebbling under the red enamel has the same peculiarities as the marked version, so it must have come from the same die.

Opferring_variant_set_a.jpg

I've no idea which, if either, came first.

This last one is the hardest of the pair to find, but if you check your Hüsken you will see there are other designs still that are equally difficult to find.

Cheers

Don

Don, being a Hüsken less individual.:blush: Are there many variants of these Opfer-ring

badges?

I see different examples with the chevron show up here and there but they seem to command a higher price than I feel they rate, are they indeed rarer than I think?

--dj--Joe

Joe,

Below are the badges listed in Hüsken as Opferring "Freiheitssbund" der NSDAP.

"a" & "b" are shown in this thread, I also have "d" the Gau Hessen-Nassau. We see "e" quite often but I haven't yet found one for a price I wish to pay. The others I haven't seen offered for sale yet.

Cheers

Don

Hu.jpg

Don, thank you very much. I saw "h" some place some time ago. Will give a look, if it's still there I will give you a shout.

I never connected "e" with Opffer-ring, it's my personal top choice of the eight styles.

--dj--Joe

• 8 months later...

Welcome to the forum Bruno, & a very interesting badge you show. Not only is this the first one that I've ever seen with a maker mark, but the obverse also show significant differences :jumping: How long have you had it?

Thanks for showing it.

Robert,

A choice piece!

Cheers

Don

Welcome to the forum Bruno, & a very interesting badge you show. Not only is this the first one that I've ever seen with a maker mark, but the obverse also show significant differences :jumping: How long have you had it?

Thanks for showing it.

Robert,

A choice piece!

Cheers

Don

Hi Don.

I Have this badge from about 3/4 years. I've bought in france, from a friend.

You know somehing about PK?

Thanks, Bruno