News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My latest... a Lenin Orders Book and some ID's

• Replies 68
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[attachmentid=50698]

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully over time I can get better at sizing with this scanner... but I'm hoping these are okay for reading and getting the info out of them.

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Edited by Hauptman

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone was able to give me any info on these ID's as far as names, dates... basically any info about these folks. Would be deeeeeeeply appreciated. I always love to put a story back with such things if at all possible.

Thanks, :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

The double pages are too small to read.

#21 on are for LatvianYelmar Yakabovich Roshevitz, born in 1943, on call up for military service in 1963. Although checked and updated through the 1980s, I didn't see anything that showed his compulsory service.

The double pages are too small to read.

#21 on are for LatvianYelmar Yakabovich Roshevitz, born in 1943, on call up for military service in 1963. Although checked and updated through the 1980s, I didn't see anything that showed his compulsory service.

Hi Rick,

Hoping the holidays are going well for you and yours and that Santa treated you well. :D

Many thanks for the help on these. I know you'd originally ID'd the female Order of Lenin holder but didn't remember that the rest of these hadn't been ID'd till today.

Let me know which post #'s I should redo (assuming pages like those showing dues paid... things like that aren't needed) and I'll be happy to do bigger shots. As I say I'd love to reconnect the history to these docs so they're not just fancy pieces of paper laying around.

No rush as I know you've got tons of other stuff you're working on. But let me know the ones to do and I'll get them done asap.

Mucho thanks! :beer:

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Here's my latest addition to my documents collection:

Christian (Zulus) was kind enough to help me out with this one and gave me a better idea of what it is. Here's the info he gave me on it:

"That's an ID-card from an metallurgical factory named "TIPROSTAL", Order of the Red Banner of Labour, bla, bla - might be located at Rostov: ".... rostal".

It's a very nice and very late - 1989 - ID-card.

Seems to be a non-Russian: Valentin Lukich MARKIN, what makes it even more interesting."

Anyhow I think it's a very nice and very interesting ID document/booklet and I'm happy I could add it to the collection. Couldn't have done it without you Christian... many thanks! :jumping::jumping::beer:

Oh, Christian says to say his Russian is not that good and he doesn't have his dictionary with him so he's hoping some of the native speakers and other members who are good with Russian will jump in and help out on this one. :D

Edited by Hauptman

Translation needed

Gentlemen,

my Russian hardly exists and I do not have the Russian language dictionary with me :blush: .

I checked the ID-card again and it is not a factory, but an metallurgical institut, what makes the case even more interesting. Our comrade at the photograph looks bright & clever :D .

Valentin & Markin are not typical Russian names - which nationality?

Maybe one of our language experts or native speakers could translate the ID-card :love:

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Hi all,

Here's my latest addition to my documents collection:

Christian (Zulus) was kind enough to help me out with this one and gave me a better idea of what it is. Here's the info he gave me on it:

"That's an ID-card from an metallurgical factory named "TIPROSTAL", Order of the Red Banner of Labour, bla, bla - might be located at Rostov: ".... rostal".

It's a very nice and very late - 1989 - ID-card.

Seems to be a non-Russian: Valentin Lukich MARKIN, what makes it even more interesting."

Anyhow I think it's a very nice and very interesting ID document/booklet and I'm happy I could add it to the collection. Couldn't have done it without you Christian... many thanks! :jumping::jumping::beer:

Hi Wild Card,

Very cool!!!! :cool: And having the badge with matching number and the photo showing her wearing same... fantastic!!!! :jumping::jumping: Am interesting in learning more about this one. Great find!!!! :beer:

And I totally agree... having the picture in a doc but especially having awards with document(s) which are shown being worn in the photo... that's just about as good as it gets! :love:

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Here's my latest document... from our fellow member Vitaly Kudinov (okudinova on Ebay). The pics are his as well and used with his kind permission. Many thanks my friend for both! :cheers:

Here's what was in his description but if anyone can add anything to this I'd be most grateful! Although Vic (Order of Victory) has indeed added that he was Ukrainian. Mucho thanks my friend! :D

"Original Soviet reserve officer ID document. Issued to major Komarov Grigoriy Vasilievich on November 25, 1967. Born November 25, 1914, graduated from Tula arms building college in 1938 and has served in different locations since then. During WWII the officer served in the Far East. Sent to reserve in 1958. Last entry is dated April 27, 2001 when the officer was confirred lt. colonel rank."