News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Heer Converted Waffenrock

Hello Gentlemen,

Whilst not typically a Tunic Guy, I traded for two tunics about a month ago. Here is one of them. When I got it, I knew it was to a DKiG winner. Once I got it home, and checked the name in the inner brest pocket, I found out the guy also was Kommander of I./IR 484, AND was awarded the RK! I have been provided with some information for the guy, ERICH GLAESER. Now my question is, or maybe better put as a request for some help, does anyone have, or can anyone find, any additional info on the man. Unfortunately, I am not a personality researcher, so I neither am aware of, nor do I have the tools at hand, to dig into the 'history'. I'd love to know what other awards he received, and what campaigns he was involved with.

Please read some excerts from another forum thread, below:

"The name reads Gl?ser rather than Glaser judging by the umlauts over the a. There's one officer listed in the DKiG lists that could fit. Oberstleutnant Erich Gl?ser, awarded the DK on 2.1.1942 as Major and commander of I./Inf.Rgt.484 of the 254 Inf.Div.

He also earned the Knight's Cross http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_search...amp;searchword=

Note that his last name is spelled Glaeser here, ae is the form used for ? when you don't have umlauts on your typewriter or these days keyboard.

He received his DK and RK whilst the 254 ID was engaged in a long period of largely static warfare on the Volkov front as part of the I armeekorps of the 18 Armee

Pulled together from the following:

Die tr?ger des Deutschen Kreuzes in Gold by Horst Scheibert

Rangliste des Heeres 194445

Verb?nde und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS by Georg Tessin"

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,

Mark

[attachmentid=49642]

Edited by mmiller

Guest Rick Research

I'd be happier if I could read the DATE

[attachmentid=49769]

since tailors are notoriously sloppy with "weirdly spelled" names.

In January 1939 the only Gl?ser in the infantry was commander of the 16th Replacement "N" (whatever that conveyed) Company/Infantry Regiment 18 at Detmold, 6th Infantry Division, VIth Army Corps (Hannover was in XI Corps), as Hauptmann dating 1.10.36 #108.

That Gl?ser made Oberstleutnant with seniority 1.1.43 #84 in the May 1944 Seniority List.

I'd be happier if I could read the DATE

Date is 2/7/38. The Officer your records indicate (Hauptmann in '36) cannot be the correct Glaeser, as the '38 dated tunic is to only an Oberleutnant. The guy could have been busted in rank, but pre-war especially, would seem unlikely.

Edited by mmiller

Hi Dan,

The image I posted was more of a 'frontal brest' shot. This was originally a Waffenrock. The cuffs have been removed, and the rear tailered and hemmed. When I get home tonight, I can post images that reveal those 'mods'. I love the tunic! Obviously, an RK/DK Regiment Kommander liked his tailered 'Rock', and wore it with pride! The shoulderboards are for a Major. Since he is listed in the '44-45' as a Leutnant Oberst, he may have retired this tunic as a Major, and wore a new tunic with the appropriate insignia.

I just hope to find more info about this Officer, his awards, and his Service History.

Thanks for the interest!

Mark