News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgium & France Reference Websites

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Hi all,

Can anyone link a few sites that are a good source for Belgium and French Medals?

I have done countless searches to no avail. I'm not looking for a site that all it carries is eye-candy and no substance. I'd like some sites that offer a bit of the history of the awards as well as a few decent pictures.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

The real sources, of course, are books not websites, but both France and Belgium are not well served in these areas either, especially for the monolingual English-speaking crowd.

I agree ... I could get the daughter to translate the French information ... but she lacks this "collector" enthusiasm that old dad does :unsure:

Hi Vatjan

Thanks for those, my home computer motherboard blew up :(, but i can get a new one thru warranty :D , but that take's a bit so I am using an old computer of my son (P3). had to rebuild all my reference site's :beer:

Could you translate what it says about the Palm with the "A" for me please?

http://users.skynet.be/belgianordersandmed...20II%20orde.htm

Thanks for all

Larry

@Darrell

I am half French, and I could translate for you but you would have to sit long enough for a photograph :unsure:

Edited by Laurence Strong

What Belgian decorations belong, the dutch speaking part of Belgium has the same problem, most of the information about Belgian OMD is in French. :unsure: so if we want to know the information whe have to learn French :speechless:

And information abouth the french OMD they are in French, it is the same for the English OMD, they are in English. :lol::lol::rolleyes:

The order of the French Liberation is translated in Englisch see http://ordredelaliberation.fr

Edited by g_deploige

Could you translate what it says about the Palm with the "A" for me please?

The palm was added to the ribbon if the award was given for bravery in combat. The A being the cypher of King Albert who was King during he first world war.

Hope that helps

Jan