News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK1 pinback mm L/58

I'm not the greatest fan of Rudolf Souval,but every iron cross collection wouldn't be comple(if that is ever possible) without the RS EKs.So here's my maker marked pinback-not the nicest,but they are not so easy to find....now I'm looking for the other core.

Micha

Hello

A very nice Souval. Thanks for showing. :beer:

Is it brass cored ? Where the paint's missing on the swastika arm it looks brass coloured in the picture.

Edited by DavidM

Micha,

Great looking cross. Souval made nice pieces, but unfortunately is another one of those makers whose name has been tainted by the fakers. Just like Rothe, they were partly to blame for it. Many years ago ANYTHING marked L/58 was a fake. Now we know better and can tell the good ones, like yours.

David,

I thought the same thing at first, but looking closely it appears to be a brown patina on the bare iron.

Dan Murphy

Edited by Daniel Murphy