News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Really? I thought the police LS was very rare. However, I have been known to change an opinion (a fact my wife would vigorously dispute). wink.gif

laugh.gif

I think so, Bob. At least thats my impression. The Medal of the Bavarian Crown was the first, i have ever seen. But the police-Long Service i have maybe seen twice in 4 years.

best,

Gerd

Guest Rick Research

I recignize my closeup scans love.giflaugh.gif

Actually, in 30 years I have seen perhaps 4 Civil Merit Order Medals, but until this bar was (wwaaah) ever so briefly in my hands en rute from my Evil Twin to Bob I had NEVER seen the Bavarian police long service.

It always amuses me with the "Official Price Guides" to see values given for things that NEVER turn up... the sort of "Ohhhhhhhkay, I'll take any there are at THAT price" sort of thing. The Civil Merit Medal and the Police XX I would both place in that category.

Ifn you finds one, buys it. :coola:

I recignize my closeup scans  love.gif  laugh.gif

Actually, in 30 years I have seen perhaps 4 Civil Merit Order Medals, but until this bar was (wwaaah) ever so briefly in my hands en rute from my Evil Twin to Bob I had NEVER seen the Bavarian police long service.

It always amuses me with the "Official Price Guides" to see values given for things that NEVER turn up... the sort of "Ohhhhhhhkay, I'll take any there are at THAT price" sort of thing. The Civil Merit Medal and the Police XX I would both place in that category.

Ifn you finds one, buys it.  :coola:

I hardly believe, i see these twice, when this is the first for you. I probably mix it up with another Long Service cross.

Btw, Nimmergut 2003/2004 lists the Medal (Order of the Bavarian Crown) with two versions :

Silver, Stempelschneider "Losch F" 380 Dollar/Euro

Silver, Stempleschneider "Losch" 1250 Dollar/Euro

and the Police Long Service Cross with 200 Dollar/Euro.

Indeed strange.

Gerd

Although the medal is marked "Losch" I doubt it is worth $1250 nor do I believe the Police LS is valued at $200. blush.gif

It is dangerous to try and publish a "price guide" even with good data. Seems the only price guide that "stuck" is the Kelley Blue Book for cars but there is a tremendous amount of sales data available for that effort. There is no such data base for medals, medal bars and ribbon bars.

Would it be worth our time to try and start one here?

The hardest part with pieces like this is the fact that there's so few around, no clear price-point can be established. I've had 3 Silver Bravery Medals over the years, but this was the first Order of The Crown Medal I've seen. When it comes to these rarer pieces, to me, mounted is always better.... then we have some real history!