News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown German boards and tabs

Hi all,

I got these ages ago in a little junk shop down in Palm Harbor Florida. Was part of a big group of boards and tabs and such. I've always assumed these were Fire Police, probably post war West German. But any additional info or even confirmation of this would be most appreciated.

They're not in super shape but are as I got them way back when.

These first ones seemed unusual to me in the type of button they have as well as the clip underneath on each. I've never seen this type before or since.

[attachmentid=52112]

[attachmentid=52113]

Hi Dan

The boards would be for Feuerschutzpolizei, the first could be for an Ober Watchmeister though I don't know if that's a proper rank. The second one is for a Meister and the 2 pips could maybe mean Hauptmeister, but again I don't know if that is the proper terminology.

Hope this helps :beer:

These are definately WW2 era peices. I will move this thread to the proper area.

Hi Paul,

Really? :o Again you can knock me over with a feather! ;) Now I wish I'd kept the other stuff that came with it. Had no idea whatsoever that it was anything other than post war.

Many thanks for that info and for moving it over! :beer:

Dan

The litzen are for an Infantry EM/NCO waffenrock, and the last one is like you called it and if the waffenfarbe is orange as it shows on my monitor it's for Feldgendarmerie or Recruiting.

Hi Laurence,

Many thanks for all the info you passed along on these. Wanted to reply to you earlier but got caught up with work. But I deeply appreciate your help on these. Have had them forever and a day and never realized they were WWII period.

I've never seen one with those metal "clips" underneath. Is that something unusual or what? I've never even seen them referred to in references. :unsure:

Many thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Hi Dan

You are welcome ;)

I have not seen those before, are they part of the tab or are they holding the button in place?

Hi Laurence,

Actually, now that I think of it... a little out of column a and a little out of column b. :P Again even the buttons are unusual as it seems like most I've seen have either been specific to an organization or the pebbled type in use by the military.

And again these were two reasons I'd always thought that they were post war. The other pair could have gone either way as it was more in line with those I'd always seen.

I just wish both were in better shape but again the damage was done long before I got ahold of them.

Dan :cheers: