News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

US WW2 Victory Medal complete set

Avitas

Hello fellow gentlemen,

I have had this minty WW2 Victory medal set for a while now and finally scanned it for viewing and comments. This medal, ribbon, and ribbon bar set is in absolutely pristine condition, with no visible blemishes that I can see. The box has a couple rips on the corners, but other than that it is pretty good (and complete). I don't even think it has been worn (maybe a posthumously awarded medal) and it was probably stashed away for a long time in a cabinet or something. Thanks for looking and any comments are great,

Cheers,

Pat

Closer view of the medal...

Hi Pat, :cheers:

thanks for showing all sides of your medal and clasp, a Romanian friend of mine picked this one up yesterday amongst a group of foreign medals, sadly no box or mini ribbon clasp :(

I believe it to be an early issue from just after WW2, with some slight wear to the highlights at the front. The ribbon is very fresh as well,

Kevin in Deva :D

Mmm, I read that date on the box as 21 June 1946 ... am I wrong ? :unsure:

Cheers,

Hendrik

Hallo Hendrik, :beer:

I believe you are right, the US way is the Month, Date, Year as opposed to the European, Day, Month, Year.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

I've one of these too, in exactly the same conditon in fact I've never taken the medal out of the tissue paper.

In the States you can buy these and numerous other WW2 related medals commonly (the period made and issued examples of the time), Korean War too in pristine untouched condition, boxed and tissue evident. They are common place in fact and easily available at very fair prices (I think so being in the UK, pound to dollar)

I've gotten most of mine from American or a good friend has purchased them for me on my behalf, they are purely surplus stock medals 99% of the time I believe. Of course you can buy the latter day made example's too; but I'm paying attention to period made medals and those instituted at the time opposed to these modern emulation's.

If you're going to collect American medals in my opinion this is the way to buy them from the era cased and period made or the earlier the example of each medal as possible.

Kr

Marcus

When did the slotted broach production cease and the crimped broach start? :unsure:

According to Bender the former type went until the 1960s -especially for decorations and awards, but the latter started with the WW2 vistory medal.