News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I hope to be bidding on this bar and would like to get some feedback. As you can see the ribbons are:

1914 EK2

HOH3X

RAO?KR

25 yr LSC

Centennial

Sax-Ern House Order w/SW

Reuss Ehren Order w/SW

This bar raises several questions.

1. Is the RAO for a RAO 4, 3, or 2? (could be any right?)

2. Is the Reuss for the 4th class or 1st class?

If the Reuss is 4th which was to NCOs and officers from the NCO ranks then is the RAO w/Kr appropriate? If the Reuss is for the first class then it may have been for a Oberst or General, correct?

What do you think the person rank was? Do you think the RAO is pre-war?

Paul

A couple things stuck me as being odd about this bar.

1). Shouldn't the crown device on the RAO have red the enamel in the crown?

2).The Reuss is a statute ribbon with swords? Possibly legit as they did exist but only for a very short time before switching to the war ribbon.

3). Why are the SEHO and Reuss w/S behind the centennial? Could be a thrifty upgrade from peacetime awards to war time awards but could also be something else.

I can not make out clearly the color of the swords on the Reuss but why do you feel that it can only be a 1st or 4th class award, and not a more likely 3rd class?

Regards,

Mark

Paul

Per David's website:

On January 9, 1915, a "war ribbon" of yellow with red and black stripes near each edge was authorized. Prior to this, all awards, including swords awards, were on an amaranth ribbon. After this, the war ribbon was used for awards with swords and for non-swords awards which were for merit on the homefront in support of the war effort.

This applied to ALL grades of the award, 1st class down to the silver merit medal.

Regards,

Mark

Paul

That is hard to say. Those ranks were awarded the REK with crown. While I have never seen either of these level on a ribbon bar I suspect that the device would have had a swords and crown, similar to the Bavarian method on the MVK's.

Regards,

Mark